E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-03-29

An Open Letter

I don't always get it right, but damn I try. I've made a few mistakes, some of which, I may pay the rest of my life. I'm paying for them proudly, held held high, and on time. Guess, because I am willing to acknowledge them or I am so desperate to get to the other side of my life. My path has had consequences and yielded greater reward. Truly. I've learned in adversity there is still a reward. It is that of character. Strengthening character and resolve.

The thing I work toward most is peace of mind and family. Thank God, I have found a great deal of it. I make mistakes. I realize that separating myself from friends who may associate with people whom I believe don't have my best interest in mind, can be an extreme. I also understand that a consequence of such behavior are hurt feelings as a result of my isolation. It is never my goal or intention to hurt any one's feelings. My behavior is a direct reflection of me, one I believe is protecting me. Please don't take it as an assault against you. Simply a glitch in where I am, and that I am willing to take a look at it, and am willing to work on it as necessary. Understand not having to deal with those people and their issues, even in passing, creates an air of peace that is refreshing. I just don't have to deal with it all.
I want to build upon my growth and successes, and grow old with my Elm, as a family... Yes, the home we've made brings me a great deal of peace, patience, guidance, encouragement, love, and a little hell when I need it. That is my priority. Always. I am not willing to take any one or thing inside my home. Even if it's in my mind. Some may not understand it.. but, if you let a mofo inside your head, they creep into your home. So I don't take on anyone or anything that I am not willing to take home. And it's working. It's working so damn well that I don't know why the hell I didn't ask GOD for this type of freedom earlier in my life.
There is no ill will... simply a desire to be more, do more, follow my path...

2 comments:

Ebony Stewart said...

You right about it! And it's good to have that confirmation in relationships.

Unknown said...

"I am not willing to take any one or thing inside my home. Even if it's in my mind. Some may not understand it.. but, if you let a mofo inside your head, they creep into your home. So I don't take on anyone or anything that I am not willing to take home."

Damn, I needed to read this..... I'm gonnaa try real hard to put it into practice lady... you so wise n' stuff! : )