E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-02-06

Whatta.....

This weekend has been one filled with emotion. Cleansing, purging, grappling, accepting, growing.
I was asked to write a poem for my best guy friend's brother's funeral last September. I posted previously how humbled I was for their belief that I could write their/our beloved brother's life and legacy in a poem. The pen moved, and I promise Tweet was right there whispering in my ear, broad smile and all when it was completed. I felt he and I did a wonderful job... but, I really didn't internalize what a job he and I had done, until the memorable looks upon their face while Trey and I performed it, the "he's that swift" tattoos. And now, man, I was almost moved to tears on Saturday, when I saw our words blazed upon a bench facing his headstone, I was floored, that he and I, found the words to bring the family solace in their time of loss... I also became an honorary Francis. Certificate and all. B's dad, Trap, held it down with the greens and green beans, it was a feast of feasts. Played some bones, trashed talked (within reason as B's mom was pretty close by most of the time), and head home full of food and emotion. I can say life comes at you fast, and you have to learn to hold on to moments which can be personally defining and altering. The process with Tweet, and all he's touched, had a re-motivating factor in my life. Forced me to kick some things into gear, and now, as I look at my newly formed relationship with others I am so glad I made the choices I have. It feels good to be on the other side of some things, and at the tipping point with others. Emotionally, I am solid, most days. On occasion I have my little melt down, where I don't feel as if...... However, I work diligently on not allowing others or my relationships with others to define me. As lonely as it may sound, you are all you really have in this world, other's just make it easier or difficult. That's all... The rest of the weekend was good, except....
A series of events which to this moment cannot quite be described rationally. Issues with my sister... so, i missed out on the production I vowed to re-attend, among other things. My sister has no respect for my time, which of course came to a head, three hours before the Superbowl party. When, it became obvious she had no respect for me or my time.... another story another day.
Superbowl.. can you say "boring"? But the party was fab! Thanks to all who could attend. It was pretty cool. I want a chocolate Stassney Barbie for Kwanzaa.. hahahahahaha
Thanks Brooklyn for calling me... All's well that ends well. I'm not going to sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff. Wouldn't you agree?

3 comments:

Angel said...

i just talked to kaybee and toys r us. they said the limited edition chocolate stassney barbie will be here in time for bob marley's birthday! ;-)
HAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

joey said...

it was an incredible weekend. i wish i coulda "bowled" with you guys....
you know the response to an invite is not always a consensus of both invitees, right?

Ebony Stewart said...

LMAO! Ya'll silly as hell! Stassney Barbie! LMAO. The party was def what's up though! Thanks for having us.