E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-02-07

Grateful.. despite and in spite...

This past week has been a series of close calls, situations which have tested my faith and resolve. Thankfully, no one was cursed the hell out... and in some ways, I maintained a level of sanity and dignity in some awful situations....

01) for not cursing your bitch ass the hell out after you walked up to me last week at poetry with some negative bullshit.
02) for not going ape shit left on my sister for her poor dating habits which prevented me from doing all the things I wanted this weekend.
03) for not slapping the hell out the woman in my cubicle ( from here forward known as WIMC) who DEMANDS that everyone be quiet all the damn time..
04) for not pouring hot ass coffee all over WIMC after she intimated (via cursing) that my co-worker and good friend was leaving because of something I said.
*Sidebar - She's been offered three jobs since she's been here. WIMC is very difficult to work in the same room with, I couldn't imagine her as a boss. She is extremely moody and gets confused easily. It drives my coworker crazy. Aside from that we have a kind of crazy woman whom I'll refer to as NUTZO in our Department. For the last six months she has been compiling information for a law suit. Every one wants to quit to get away from the situation. So, yes we discussed the open records request made by NUTZO, as it impacts both of us! I mean NUTZO's over here threatening every body; has mild fits where she curses out loud, has shown darn near everybody in our section everyone's salaries, is threatening law suits against anyone who does not support her, making open records requests, and scaring the shit out of everyone because most believe she will go postal in here one afternoon! WHEW!
05) for not jamming WIMC's ass up in the corner after my co-worker friend later resended her resignation AFTER TALKING TO ME...
06) There was some positive in my week.
07) One cool Superbowl party
08) Spending a brief, but cool time with my niece.
09) My nephew putting it down Saturday afternoon, playing his butt off, making crucial plays and baskets in a double overtime win...
10) Performing at HT last night. We performed between classical work by Black composers. Mine... Samuel Coolridge Taylor... A TAYLOR!
11) Seeing that my words do have a positive impact upon people, and I must continue to use them wisely.
12) Evidence of the creator through good friends.
13) Being made an honorary Francis! Yes, he's just that swift...

5 comments:

Angel said...

good friends are DEFINITELY one of the mos precious gifts of our lives... thank you so much for my t-shirt. i cannot wait to "strut my little stuff on the catwalk!" LMAO!

joey said...

yes! thanks for the t-shirt, it was cool to be part of something so special.
me and you...2 virginia slims ma...
love you,
jo

Unknown said...

you're funny! i love my shirt too!!!!!!!!

Ebony Stewart said...

Good friends indeed! And I'm glad you didn't cut anybody too (LMAO)

Copasetic Soul said...

wooooo saaaaa @ WIMC.

YAY @ your words having a positive effect on people and good friends.