E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-01-22

grins and such

When I was in junior high, I was awkward, 3rd world thin, and had crooked teeth. I still have the crooked teeth, thanks to an unwillingness to participate in dental appointments. In addition those in charge, grew weary of my games, tears, and cries of help while in the dentist chair. The last visit prompted a fight with me, the gas mask, and the dentist. Needless to say I won and lost; freeing myself from the mask (the gas made me feel funny) and the dentist, (he was creepy). I remember when the brackets were removed and how excited I was, as the kids couldn't tease me, at least not about having a metal mouth. Also, I didn't miss school and I got to go on the field trip to see the Barber of Seville. I loved orchestra field trips, they were the BEST!
Years later. I'm still awkward. I gained enough weight to call it another me over the years... (I'm working on losing that wench though, 150 crunches nightly and constant exercise should do it. Eb I'M GONNA BUILD UP TO 200 crunches!) And I still have crooked teeth. I'm falling out of love with the crooked teeth builds character thing. My great grand and dad said I eventually would. They also said years later I would have appreciated them wanting to save me money. THEY WERE RIGHT.....
Anyway, I'm starting my hunt for orthodontists, and hell... my insurance doesn't pay for MUCH. I may need a part time job to pay for them. My new motto, two jobs are for two people is still in place, so..... Damn another budget. Anyone got any tips for "ballin' on a shoe string budget?" I need them, desperately......

2 comments:

Ebony Stewart said...

Hey, I have faith in ya auntie.
Ummm i say look in the phone book (that's what we did for my braces). And, maybe see about Royal Dental (not sure if they have one out here, but they were pretty reasonable).

Angel said...

damn crunches!!!!!! you want me to come over and do some more high-intensity krumping with you? i'll even let you choose the music! LOL!