E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-12-28

There are years that ask questions and years that answer.

This was a year that answered.

I will never be able to replace my birth family. No matter how I try.
Frenemies are more dangerous than any enemy.
I will eventually get what I put in the universe. The positive and the negative.
I can never be that angry again, because I now recognize it as disappointment and hurt.
No matter what we will never be that close again. And I'm okay with that.
Treat the word friend as I would any vulgarity, so the next time I say it, I mean it.
The heart is truly a lonely hunter.
My expectations are inversely proportionate to my serenity, the higher my expectations of others, the lower my serenity. In order to happy, I must learn to expect nothing from anyone.
Writing saved me from the sin and inconvenience of violence. (alice walker)
I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots. Then I have stood on the peaky mountain wrapped in rainbows, with a harp and a sword in my hands. (zora neale hurston)
Our feelings are our most genuine path to knowledge. (audre lorde)

3 comments:

CousinSarah said...

I have been in Sorrow's kitchen and licked out all the pots. Then I have stood on the peaky mountain wrapped in rainbows, with a harp and a sword in my hands. (zora neale hurston)


Yes mam. Glad you got some answers..growth ma..more journey completed. Shake the dust right?

Raging Bull said...

"Treat the word friend as I would any vulgarity, so the next time I say it, I mean it."

This is a statement that I can truly relate to as there are not many in my life who have this designation.

David aka

Ebony Stewart said...

Alice Walker's line is dangerously true, filled with wisdom in every stretch.
You know.