E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-11-13

Daydreamin'

It's been pretty cool.. And interesting as a close friend would say....
Life's cool, and I'm loving it.. Having a few personal dilemmas... Somethings.. Well, I'm just not into. Finding out that as much as I love some people in my life and close circle. I am just unwilling and unable to play the once (negative) supporting role. Just don't have the strength.. I'm really gonna have to make some more changes.... It hurts to think that we can and never will be that close again.. but, it's true.....
We went to Louisiana over the weekend. Can't say I wanted to go (I had a butt load of work to do before my audit and I hadn't finished it by Friday at 6:00pm)), but something inside was pulling me... We needed to spend time together away from iot all... And of course, as life would have it.. A sign.. I'm really into them these days... While in a store together, I heard the opening song Jillio (Scott) performed at the Sugar Water Tour.. (Our Second Dream of all times Date.. The First of Course was .. drum roll.. Jill Scott) Daydreamin'.. Unbeknownst to me, it's on the Lupe Fiasco CD... Now, I'm not really sure if I'm a fan of his music.. as I've only heard Kick Push and it's cute, but much too young for me... Anyway, I decided.. I have to own everything by Jillio (not so secret girl crush.. If you remember from a previous post I talked to her for 3 minutes... She told me not to win the audience with my words, not rely on performance just before Nationals.. And her voice..) I digress... Anyway.. I walk into a Walmart (the boy child insists that Lupe doesn't curse so it won't matter where we purchase it) and see MOJOE on the damn shelves.... That made me feel good. Really good. Those dudes are doing the damn thing.. My Man EZ was in the Vibe... We have their picture from the White Line Party.. Anyway it just felt good to be happy for someone else's accomplishments.. Felt like my own..... Can't wait for them to get home and go see therm now that they are "Recording Artists"!
Chilled with a friend on the lo lo on Friday night for Drea's Birthday Bash. It was cute. Had fun... Woke Angel up in the middle of the night because DOBIE WAS ON FIRE! It was cool to see her goofy tail... And yes ma'm you can be goofy.. And don't do that shrinking thing then put your hand over your mouth when you read this HAHAHAHA.....
Anyway... I'm a little tired and really don't have anything to write... Guess. I've become a bore.. That's so very cool...... Anyway.. Enjoy Jillio!

Daydream. I fell asleep beneath the flowers. For a couple of hours. On a beautiful day. Daydream. I dream of you amid the flowers. For a couple of hours. Such a beautiful day.
[Lupe Fiasco] As I spy from behind my giant robot's eyes I keep him happy 'cause I might fall out if he cries. Scared of heights so I might pass out if he flies. Keep him on autopilot 'cause I can't drive. Room enough for one I tell my homies they can't ride. Unless they sittin on the shoulders but that's way too high. Let's try not to step on the children. The news cameras filmin. This walkin project buildin. Now there's hoes sellin hoes like right around the toes. And the crackheads beg at about the lower leg. There's crooked police that's stationed at the knees. And they do drive-bys like up and down the thighs. And there's a car chase goin on at the waist. Keep a vest on my chest. I'm sittin in my room as I'm lookin out the face. Somethin to write about. I still got some damage from fightin the whitehouse, just a
Daydream. I fell asleep beneath the flowers. For a couple of hours. On a beautiful day. Daydream. I dream of you amid the flowers. For a couple of hours. Such a beautiful day
[Lupe Fiasco]Now come on everybody, let's make cocaine cool. We need a few more half naked women up in the pool. And hold this MAC-10 that's all covered in jewels. And can you please put your titties closer to the 22s? And where's the champagne? We need champagne. Now look as hard as you can with this blunt in your hand. And now hold up your chain slow motion through the flames. Now cue the smoke machines and the simulated rain. But not too loud 'cause the baby's sleepin. I wonder if it knows what the world is keepin. Up both sleeves while he lay there dreamin. Me and my robot tip-toe 'round creepin. I had to turn my back on what got you paid. I couldn't see half the hood on me like Abu Ghraib. But I'd like to thank the streets that drove me crazy. And all the televisions out there that raised me, I was
Daydream. I fell asleep beneath the flowers. For a couple of hours. On a beautiful day. Daydream. I dream of you amid the flowers. For a couple of hours. Such a beautiful day. Daydream. I fell asleep beneath the flowers. For a couple of hours. On a beautiful day. Daydream. I dream of you amid the flowers. For a couple of hours. Such a beautiful day.......
This song takes me to our moment. My moment. i'm daydreamin......

4 comments:

Copasetic Soul said...

dont sleep on Lupe...

i love me some Jilly from Philly. im a lil jelly that you had a 3 minute convo with her.

Copasetic Soul said...

Oh wow, i just peeped your link for Unified Tribe. Thats scary cause i just heard some of there stuff today and was gonna post about them.

we are toooo connected at times.

"dont split that pole"...lol

joey said...

welcome home chica....glad you could get away ;-)

Angel said...

girl, now you know i coulda slid you the lupe. by the way, my friend in florida LOVES that damn song!

no i am NOT goofy! but yes i was doing the laugh where i cover my mouth with my hand as i read. i call that move the "shrinking violet." ;-)