E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-10-12

other reasons to be happy

First.... I am happy and enjoying life after a couple of scrapes, or shall I say things that didn't quite go my way... I'm Re-learning that I have a hella sense of humor and am laughing a lot lately.
Last night.. man, was I glad to be home back home in our bed. Nothing like snoring in your own bed, listening to things like "did you move the calculator?" , "why's my water blue?" and other nonsensical comments.. SOMEONE TALKS IN THEIR SLEEP WHEN THEY ARE TIRED!
Last night.. earlier... I transgressed in ways unimaginable, until Brian got up, he won. But hey, love is fun... I couldn't make up my mind about slamming, so once I decided, I had to go first since I didn't draw a number.. Then Angel advised me against it, feeling I should sit out, aside from that I don't want to keep competing with the same poems.. So I decided to do love poems.. And actually it was fun.. Even though I've never finished that low... I finished higher in the end. nuff said, sho nuff...
Yesterday, the shuttle bus ride to my car... This lady was obnoxiously loud while talking on her cell phone. The power of a group, she was so annoying that most people on the shuttle began making not so pleasant comments toward her, loud enough for her and whom ever she was speaking to could hear... She was babbling about selling a house, being low balled by a bidder, and how it's worth 250,000...
Having crinkles in my hair and wearing orange is a turn on (to most)... Thanks guys you made me feel like I was bring Sexy Back.. Yup!
Neo-Soul.. Damn Neo-Soul... Baby we back... The audience has grown and so have the folk... It's home with a hellalotlessdrama... LONG LIVE THE PEACE AND HAPPINESS!!!!!
Congrats: Michelle.. Sarah and Ms. Jackson on the wins last night!
and blam! Baby.. We made it to the Austin Chronicle again.. .BEST GROUP EFFORT 2006 in the ARTS.. They didn't name a poet, they named a TEAM.. Man, feels good... Feels real good..
Special shout out to my friends' kids.. The little super heroes who inspire their parents to do so much more.... They are doing some amazing things... Happy Birthday Miss Sometimey... With your pretty, cute as a button self! Cam... They are going to hold you sometimes, but you can still beat 'em... Glad you're having a good time playing football this year. Taylor... Breaking hearts? I know... Bow Wow's not good enough, you'll learn that in a couple of years..., but I will continue to look for something with him on it or in it for you. Jono... Miss you hunny bunny gum drop kissy face el debarge looking barry white voiced sugar dripping spitting poet.... to my gurl tee from the pretty tree, your branches are equally as beautiful... Jay, next time you have to leave the pictures you make for me so I can hang 'em up in my office with the others... And yes, I missed my good-bye.. (yes, Sarah, I still have 'em! Looking at them right now!) Brent.. I love what you're doing in your Best Friend's absence.. He would be proud.. Shannon hope to see ya on Def Poetry! J-rod play music and dazzle the ladies... Remember, you can name one song after all of them, they'll never know.. And CT the son I never had, but found, in so many ways I am better because of you... nuff said sho nuff...
and lastly.. angel's post
"Today, I resolve to hold tightly to the positive friendships I currently have, and to let go of those negative relationships that hinder me."

8 comments:

CousinSarah said...

I talk in my sleep too. And it can be hilarious...

Thanks for the congrats.

I cant believe you have the pics he drew!!! He is my little picasso. I know he will be drawin this weekend...he can add somemore to your portfolio. lolol

Yes, he inspires me daily. The most amazing thing I have ever done. Sometimes, more than I can wrap my head around.

And Yes you WERE A HOT MAMA in that orange and curly cues!!

Angel said...

am sincerely humbled by the sout-out, but even moreso because of the sentiment... that resolution came tumbling onto the screen last night after we were talking. that conversation, like all the others, just reminded me of how grateful and apreciative i am to have you around... and yeah, you ere working the hell outta the orange and crinkled look! ;-)

Copasetic Soul said...

enjoy life baby....we only got one to make the most out of!

joey said...

yay your own bed!
yay trangressors!
yay slammers!
yay orange and crinkle!
yay aubrey!
yay crazy babies (get-off-jono)!
yay best of!
yay angel!
and yay YOU and your hilarious self!
got your e-mail....high 5 sister, high 5!

Raging Bull said...

Of all the things in this posting the best to me is "Today, I resolve to hold tightly to the positive friendships I currently have, and to let go of those negative relationships that hinder me." I enjoyed our too-short conversation and am glad for this resolution.

Hugs and chocolate kisses,

David

Ebony Stewart said...

Neo was fun once again for me as always I'm humbled their.
The bus...LOL you silly.
Thank you for sharing.
Do that orange good!
And lastly, THAT DAMN NEO! Tell me how I can be down? Glad to know you all.

Unknown said...

thanks lady!! shes my heart and sometimes i wish she wasn't as "pretty" as she is. just for the sake of keeping the heathen boys from getting any ill placed thoughts in thier tiny little heads!!!!

Shelle said...

Thank u Ms.Kim I really apreciate you saying that about me
Kameron

Thanx Ya!Kim I know im breakin those hearts out there,no im just plain but thank u for giving shout outs 2 me.Ya just keep doin wut cha do!!Love Tay

LOL ok that was my 2 giving the love. uh tay said do i have to say ms. kim, 'cause she acts like a kid LOL...she grown isn't she?
geez....thanku ma for always thinking of my branches too...they are my superheroes indeed.
i see ya!