E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-08-31

TAG JUST 3

Okay.. I started this yesterday. I got it from my Live Journal Account. A means of getting into someone's business without actually getting into it. While I won't post the LJ information because it's a bit more personal (LJ's have privacy/security levels), I will post the beginning of yesterday's from the blogger land. I will also continuously update my daily entry to include your questions. Check for your response in the comment section.
I want everyone who reads this, who wants to, to ask me 3 questions. Ask me anything you want and I will answer them as honestly and completely as I can (No caveat, you will get an answer). Then I want you to go to your journal, copy and paste this, allowing your friends (including me) to ask you anything... let's see how far we can take this thing. HA. Thanks Angel for going along with this, you're well, an angel.
Angel's questions
1. how and why is elm "the one?"
2. if money weren't an option, what would you be doing TOMORROW and what would be the first sentence you said when you told your boss?(LOL)
3. if you could be granted one more day with the women from your "village," what would that day look like?
Ebony's questions
1. What do you think makes a good poet?
2. What is your favorite poem?
3. Have you thought about what poetry looks like? And if so, what?
Xavier's questions
1. What is (will be) the name of your first girl child?
2. What is your earliest memory of your parent of the opposite sex?
3. If you could solve one world problem, what would it be?
'Chelle's questions
1. what would cause you to never write again?
2. what is it you want to be forgiven for?
3. does showing public affection for your 'elm' make you uncomfortable, why?

6 comments:

my coffee is always said...

Angel: (changed a bit)
1)We were (really) friends first, got to know about each other's worlds SLOWLY. We talked on the phone (for hours), often we would fall asleep, and wake up talking. Someone I could always confide in, and someone who called me on my stuff from day one. Didn't care about poetry or that 13 thing. Just me. Always the one I could be honest with, talk to about what hurt me most in my life (past and present). Just feels like home, reminds me of my village.
2)Getting on a plane to Mykonos Greece, after I told my boss, "It's been real, it's been fun, but not real fun.... Holla."
3) Wake up to a huge breakfast as cooked by my great-grand. Nothing like pork chops, biscuits and eggs early in the morning. Talking, talking, laughing, crying, talking, crying and laughing. Dinner, nothing like shrimp casserole and mac and cheese, with any kind of meat. Sneak a cigarette with my Aunts. Explain to my Mom why I had to do it. Read them some poetry. Ask forgiveness.

Ebony:
1) the abiity to make me feel thier words... not the performance, not the volume, not their character.. just their words.
2) Etheridge Knight - "The Idea of Ancestory" i feel him.... i feel him...
3) My great-grand telling stories while trying to keep the snuff in her cheek. My grand and I playing on the phone... we had a game.. she would always end with calling me her favorite grandchild. My Aunt Suzy playing softball. My Great Aunt Clara sitting on the edge of the sofa watching the Young in the Restless. My Mother dressed in her nurse's uniform kissing me and my sister goodnight as she heads off to work... except this time and every time afterward, she would find her way back home. My sister's vision of family and happiness. Erica's smile. My nieces and nephews laughter. My Dad's chatter. His grace.... spit from one of the Three Poet-teers.. hahahaha

Xavier:
1) Mene Elizabeth. Never really wanted children. But after much thought the name: Mena Elizabeth
Break doen: Mene (Men na) she who is never lonely (also M is the first initial of my great-grand, my grand, and mom)
Elizabeth - Consecrated by God. (my mother's middle name)

2) I was playing in the front yard with my friends. He just returned to the States from Korea. He walked out of his car with this regal like, almost arrogant stance and wide smile, and I ran in the house screaming, "That's my daddy. My daddy's here."
3) Classism. Give everyone a level socio-ecconomic playing field and then see how racism would impact society.

Shelle said...

wow. i have always loved how you take us to the exact moment, see it, hear it, smell it, feel it...
here are mine:
1. what would cause you to never write again?
2. what is it you want to be forgiven for?
3. does showing public affection for your 'elm' make you uncomfortable, why?

my coffee is always said...

1. I don't know if anything would, but I would exchange a lifetime of poetry/words for one hour with my mother.
2. Loving her. Sometimes more than I love myself.
3. Only at Neo-Soul. Really. I, and I think it's agreed on both parts. People already think they know so much because of what they see. We want to keep somethings to ourselves.

Shelle said...

hmm, yes i do notice neo vs anywhere else. i was wondering if you would mention that fact. such a lil world neo...HA!

my coffee is always said...

Exactly! Although it feels like the middle of the universe at times.

Ebony Stewart said...

I like the fact that you and 'Elm' are confident in your relationship and like to keep people wondering. Before anyone told me, I didn't even know ya'll were together. I also can appreciate your responses to my questions. Your outlook on things are divine. And your character is full of life. That's why I call you Sinsae.