E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-08-30

Grace

Attitude of gratitude... Wednesday (following Fallen Angel and crew's lead)

1. lunch with an old new friend. laughing and talking about nothing and everything.

2. harlem to brooklyn phone calls. always an expected unexpected surprise.

3. routine!!!! home every night at a decent hour for exercise, dinner, conversation, to stare into two, be held by two, watching dumb reality tv and crime shows until we fall asleep.

4. letting go and not giving a fck about what anyone says or thinks. if you think that, i'll be that (in your mind, and your mind only) it doesn't define who i am, what i want to become and where i want to be in life.

5. my new moniker as given by angel, k.i.m. (keep it moving)

6. clarity. oh my gosh the view is so much better from here.

7. the ability to make decisions and let go of the outcome. again if you think that, i'll be that.

8. renewed strength and courage of the art in the form of eb n flow, dr. angel, and political white chocolate.

9. every breath.

10. my family/my village - memories, and man are they sweet.

11. the boy child.

12. her smile... a riddle i cannot solve.

13. his grace.

* another September.......


Ohh and as borrowed from LJ

I want everyone who reads this, who wants to, to ask me 3 questions. Ask me anything you want and I will answer them as honestly and completely as I can (No caveat, you will get an answer). Then I want you to go to your journal, copy and paste this, allowing your friends (including me) to ask you anything... let's see how far we can take this thing. HA



.... everyone who reads this must ask me three questions, i will answer

8 comments:

Shelle said...

i saw this posted on angel's as said good idea. really like #'s 4,7,and 13.
did ya want the questions posted here LOL, like for everyone to see LOL?

Angel said...

FABULOUSNESS and thanks for the shout-out!!!!!!!!

1. how and why is elm "the one?"
2. if money weren't an option, what would you be doing TOMORROW and what would be the first sentence you said when you told your boss?(LOL)
3. if you could be granted one more day with the women from your "village," what would that day look like?

my coffee is always said...

1) We talked for hours and days on end about everything amd nothing. We talked on the phone, more than we saw each other, or ever said face to face. She was someone I could confide in. She never believed the "character" only saw me for me.

2)Getting on a plane to Mykonos Greece, after I told my boss, "It's been real, it's been fun, but not real fun.... Holla."

3) Wake up to a huge breakfast as cooked by my great-grand. Nothing like pork chops and biscuits. Talking, talking, laughing, crying, talking, crying and laughing. Dinner, nothing like shrimp casserole and mac and cheese, with any kind of meat. Sneak a cigarette with my Aunts. Explain to my Mom why I had to do it. Read them some poetry. Ask forgiveness.

Ebony Stewart said...

Really feelin it so here I go...

1) What do you think makes a good poet?
2)What is your favorite poem?
3) Have you thought about what poetry looks like? And if so, what?

my coffee is always said...

1) the abiity to make me feel thier words... not the performance, not the volume, not their character.. just their words.

2) Etheridge Knight - "The Idea of Ancestory" i feel him.... i feel him...

3) My great-grand telling stories while trying to keep the snuff in her cheek. My grand and I playing on the phone... we had a game.. she would always end with calling me her favorite grandchild. My Aunt Suzy playing softball. My Great Aunt Clara sitting on the edge of the sofa watching the Young in the Restless. My Mother dressed in her nurse's uniform kissing me and my sister goodnight as she heads off to work... except this time and every time afterward, she would find her way back home. My sister's vision of family and happiness. Erica's smile. My nieces and nephews laughter. My Dad's chatter. His grace.... spit from one of the Three Poet-teers.. hahahaha

Xave said...

Hi, I like your gratitude list. Thanks for joining! :-D

OK, here goes:
1) What is (will be) the name of your first girl child?
2) What is your earliest memory of your parent of the opposite sex?
3) If you could solve one world problem, what would it be?

Xave said...

Hi, I like your gratitude list. Thanks for joining! :-D

OK, here goes:
1) What is (will be) the name of your first girl child?
2) What is your earliest memory of your parent of the opposite sex?
3) If you could solve one world problem, what would it be?

CousinSarah said...

Workin on getting this..

1-If you could only have one book to read for the rest of your life, which would it be?

2-If a geenie granted you 3 wishes today what would they be?

3-What was the subject of the first poem you ever wrote?