E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-08-24

Say What?

Often I do things without my permission. I know it sounds weird. It's true.

My body's sore. Not what it used to be. Must strengthen my mind and body.

I am working on two new pieces. One is for her.

sneak peak:


she is a riddle I can't solve,
yet, she's my favorite.
perhaps it's the way she flows from my tongue,
stimulates my mind,
teases my senses,
leaving me in the state of complex simplicity
my mind boggled
all in the name of fun...
undeniably solvable,
yet, answers are never what I want
they are never what I need.
the other, for me:
beautifully blasphemous
are mine.
for they
are
little white lies
strutting toward
heavenly pearled gates,
cloaked in truths,
tattered with intentions.
oh lord, please don't let me be misunderstood..
if hell is paved with good intentions,
pass me the sun-block
and allow my poems
to be canonized...
as each line speaks for
deeds i had not the
strength nor patience
to be.
grant me eternal damnation,
if I have lived
as I have written;
in constant turmoil
void of real emotion.
until there was you..
you are my little white lies,
shallowed breaths taken for granted..
Ebony, I am so very proud of you. Congrats! Mo, be safe, two lunch conversations. Almost like I was sitting across from you, brig grin, baby gap and all. Truth, son. Angel, come home soon..... Michelle loved the new fire... Sarah, I see you... Home in two, to stare into two, to be held by two... Circle. Daughter. Circle. Let's connect and become infinte... wisdom and love.

5 comments:

Shelle said...

cloaked in truths, tattered with intentions...i think my fav.
the truth always hiding.
eboni was f***ing fantastic last night!!
thank you for the encouragement, i'm trying to keep the name up ya know lol..

nikki said...

i was directed here by fallen angel and i'm glad i finally made it here. beautiful poetry sis.

Mahogany L. Browne said...

gurl. we still got worlds to take over...

Angel said...

DAMMIT! somebody needs to write a piece about me! i need a damn secret admirer or some shyt because i swear, if i didnt have good esteem, i might be a bit "green..." :-S

the few lines you wrote about for yourself were/are freakin' HAWT!!!! dammit! where does it all come from? is all that creativity how you got the color in your locs??? ;-)

CousinSarah said...

Thank you ma, for being you. Pushing me when I need it and always believing I can even when I dont and you want to choke me. lol

I love you. Lots.