E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-08-25

Queen - Revisited

Her locks cascaded the side of her face, a rich, deep waterfall. The depth of black was a vast contradiction as it framed her angelic beauty. It complimented the softness of her skin's imperfection, perfection she was, grinning, eyes closed, riding, taking everything in, slowly, as she exchanged secrets with celestial entities which seemingly traveled along side of her. I didn't want to tell her that her lips appeared full, and dripped of mango juice, and I wanted to taste home. She reminded me of indigo, lazy, melodic rain showers, jasmine, sassafras, bamboo thickets and honey. I believed if I sat quietly, long enough, I would feel the fresh breeze of springtime fling from her smile. I childlike, in a trance, inhaled her essence, and held her in my breath as long as I could. Not wanting to disturb her or the moment... Eternal light she was. Still is. Instantaneous, the sun paled and hid behind a cumulus cloud. Hidden, yet, blushing in embarrassment from the lack of comparison, to her. I drove, stilled, in the shade of her silence, and longed to be a momentary thought running barefoot through her mind. To allow my toes to curl in her distant memories, while, somehow, creating an impact upon today's. She, drenched in vibrant earthy colors, eyes now slightly open, head tilted back, resting softly above what seemed to me, heaven. With each glance toward her, I felt the anxiety rise in my throat. I wanted her to know that I was capable of conversation. Well past the prepubescent boy jokes that seemingly flowed effortless from my mouth. I wanted to discuss, Yemeyah, the Fountain of Youth, past lives, the Garden of Eden, The Color Purple and the Temple I called her. She was so familiar. I'd only sheepishly smile, became mesmorized, as the thought of her thick richness filled me. She was stained with the nectar of life, and I needed to be rejuvinated. I wanted to use her quickened breaths and words as stair-steps, allow them to lead me back to her soul. Seek the path to her womb, and start my life, a new........
She softly opened her eyes turned toward me and me and said, "..........

to be continued.

2 comments:

CousinSarah said...

as she exchanged secrets with celestial entities which seemingly traveled along side of her. I didn't want to tell her that her lips appeared full, and dripped of mango juice, and I wanted to taste home.

This is beautiful Kim. There have been several times that your peices bring me to tears, this was one of them. Beautiful.

Angel said...

"Eternal light she was. Still is. Instantaneous, the sun paled and hid behind a cumulus cloud. Hidden, yet, blushing in embarrassment from the lack of comparison, to her."


WOOOOOOO-WEEEEEEEE!!!! that's some serious power right there! so descriptive andr vivid. dammit if i cant just "feel" the divine in her! this is beautiful ma'am. and whatchu know about sassafras? ;-)