E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-07-04

I heard a heart shattering
a million miles away
while you were
standing next to me...
It took it's last beat
and took my breath away.
Familiar it seems
so
I turned toward you
to catch a glimpse
of your shadow -
shape shifting
the foot steps going
away from me.
and now I stand alone...
listening to the echo of
your goodbye
between the cracks
of a heart shattering...
was I so blind
I couldn't see the writing on the wall?

3 comments:

Shelle said...

u have such an uncanny way of being inside people's heads, even if its not intended for them...damn u...said in a loving way of course

Angel said...

i agree with shelle. then your ass makes it worse with the pictures in the post! making it all tangible and giving it a life of its own... question, if a heart shatters alone in the woods, does it make a sound?

my coffee is always said...

like the single tear that falls when you are alone in the dark. just takes your breath away.. leaves you breathless..