E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-07-16

fade to black (good bye)

to answer another blogger. the drama outweighs the good....
you don't know me. most never have. fewer will. it is my nature. i'm tired of the comments, conversations and hints i have been getting. i'm tired of conversations. i started this blog because of my mentor sister friend mo. i encouraged others to do so, but i have found that this is not for me at this point in my life. it is a nightmare. there are too many other important things in my life. i am going to fully appreciate that on august 13th. i have learned from this experience. thanks mo for encouraging me to blog. unfortuantely this has turned into a fcked up version of black planet meets my space meets fcking investigative news. funny, i've been able to do for others (angel and sarah are wonderful. i'm sorry if this disappoints you) what you've been able to do for me; however the negativity and duplicity that is ever present in our lives has, in fact caused me to re-evaluate my life and those who are in it. you are truly a wonderful mentor.
i love you, sis. will call soon. see you in three weeks and four days.
to the others.... i'm tired. and i am re-evaluating my life. and i need to down-size. removing my thoughts and words as well as my writing from your eyes will help what's weighing me down. please, don't use me, my blog, or anything that is a semblence of me to continue to perpetrate this farce of community and friendship. i work hard for lasting friendships. and expect others to do the same with me. it is more than words. and yes, some motherfckers will always be heavier than others, and i cannot, will not carry you and ME. even with God's help, unless he tells me, and i haven't heard the word. until then it is for you and him to do... if you believe. and i'm not going to under any circumstance be referred to as mean because i have boundaries and can recognize that. so if i'm mean, do us both a favor. let's stay away from one another. for your safety, and my sanity.
fyi - i have cleared my village of rubbish, i have chopped trees and boarded windows. people are selfish and self seeking in nature and will do what is necessary to protect themselves. i am no different. this is my way of protecting myself and what i love.
often we see mirrors of ourselves in others. when we look into mirrors, we will bow our heads in shame when we see our own frailities. some turn, only to see a mirror of themselves in others. we abhor thier behaviors and actions, as it is easier to attack another than to work on ourselves. so we point out chips and cracks, yet despite the distortion, there lies a deepened beauty....... i am, and shall remain, beautiful. and so are you. just be beautiful and thrive outside my walls. and i shall do the same outside yours. i will continue to do my work.
this is another step toward my freedom....
to quote the infamous philosopher Jay mutherfcking Z... Public Announcement and December 4
Only God can judge me, so I'm gone.. Either love me, or leave me alone
If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack. Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black.
goodbye..............

5 comments:

Copasetic Soul said...

my sister, I'm at a lost for words about this post. I do understand the need of protecting one's self. but know that your blog has kept me going at times when I ready to give up on poetry and the whole poetry scene. I lived through the post about the scene in Texas on those days I couldn't get out to the spots here....or when the backbiting got on my nerves. oh yea, your poetry is hot too :-)

we haven't meet in the flesh and have shared few phones calls but I consider you a friend.....a friend that I would open my door to as well as give my last.

may you find peace in this journey we call life....and know you have a brother/friend in St. Louis

Mahogany L. Browne said...

and there it is chica... i support you 100% and understand your decision -- even if i will miss the dialogue

my coffee is always said...

can you see my face? i am batty batty batty for you!!! i feel you though boo. sometimes, i wonder if people "think" they know you because you "share" a piece of yourself every Wednesday? that's why it is extra funny to me too that at least one person in the audience each week ASSUMES i'm gonna spit about sex! i'm like, that's NEVER been all i've written about!!! damn weirdos!

like sarah said, just keep doing you. look at it this way, the less people that try to be around you, the more sarah and i have you to OURSELVES!!! told you i can be a greedy/selfish mentee!!!!! LMBAO! :)

--
Posted by fallen angel to Harlem's 13th Brew aka Section 8 Coffee at 7/14/2006 04:02:59 PM

and

my coffee is always said...

thanks for the love. check you e-mails...

Raquita said...

okay so I can still e-mail you right?!?! Right?!?!