E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-07-14

BURN
my ears are burning,
scorched by the gazing tongues
and wagging eyes,
of a million restless salvages
wanting nothing more
than to feel the thump of a giant's fall,
newsflash: failure ain't an option...
but you line up
like I'm giving away cadillacs,
or government chesse,
sitting 'round waitin'
to cash in on my ass
like I'm the 1st or the 15th
but I'm neither
I'm obscure,
unspecified 13
the shyt ain't lucky anyway, so
nigga let me be nameless,
as I disappear
picking scabs from the stabs of crabs
pulling me
snatching me back
into that barrel of deceit
you call home.
fck, just leave me alone!
I'm like cheap liquor
the latest drink
found frequently on
the lips of others
for all the
wrong reasons...
secretly you say I'm no good
yet you keep requesting me
sipping on me
tipping those serving me
fiendin' on me,
like I'm an addiction
don't fuck with what
you can't handle
I'm deadlier than the truth
unwanted,
just as unpopular
but sought after..
scorching,
right now I'm steaming
don't pull your hand back now,
didn't you mama teach you about fire?
can't stand the heat?
never mind the kitchen
stay out my mutha fuckin' house
nigga throw me some gasoline
my ears are burning
one, two, three, four degrees
burning muscle and tissue
so, I'll fall to my knees
keep my head to the streets
listen to your feet
as they beat the dusty concrete...
arithmetically...
you can tell a lot
by the way a person walks
and you walk much too lightly
indecisively
without focus
without purpose
unlike me,
my footprints,
like my words,
intimidating
leaving imprints
much too big for you to fill
and they are not for you to follow...
stop hanging outside my door
and latching onto my people..
I ain't no fucking star
so I don't want no got damn groupies...
Newsflash: You have just been renamed Kodak
Be productive
Next time take a picture
Make something positive
out of your rolls of negativity..
never mind what I drive,
I'm confident enough to pull it off
never mind whom I'm with
it will never be you,
yet you treat my name like a bag of m & m's or some nigga's dick
always melting in your mouth..
you must believe I'm so cold, I hot
News flash: I'm not
And I don't want your motherfucking press
Yet you'll keep talking, stalking and gawking
Clinging to every word,
Reading into my behaviors,
Watching everything that I say
Whispering behind my back
Waiting for me to fall,
So nigga I hope this serves as a
match to add to your gasoline
so the next my ears are burning
this piece
like your fragile ego
will blow the fuck up!

ktaylor.. Section 8 Coffee Publlications
2006.

2 comments:

Mahogany L. Browne said...

tell em why you mad, ma!

SLUMP FACADE said...

There is nothing better than the feeling of putting someone in their place, I can dig it!