E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-05-15

Mockingbird - 3
CT - 0
Squirrel - 0

Today sitting outside my office practicing, I had an opportunity to watch a mockingbird kick a squirrels ass. No, I kid you not. He literally chased the squirrels ass under a park bench, not of course, without snatching bits of fur from it's back. I watched, as the terrified squirrel peaked from under the bench after a while, then scurry up another tree. I guess he was afraid the bird might come back. I know it's not funny, but it was... Okay I'm a simpleton. It wouldn't be funny, I guess, if I hadn't watch two other mockingbirds, (I'm sure from the same gang) get my god son on two occassions..... First, when he was standing in the yard joking and talking big (shyt) about knocking it's nest down from an under-developed tree in our front yard. I was telling him I hoped it wasn't a mockingbird, because I have been chased by them. He, in youthful disbelief, stated they were just birds, that they really couldn't do any damage. Just as he said it, the bird flew from the nest straight toward his arms... We both laughed at the timing and the irony (okay, I have the sense of humor of an adolescent boy). Secondly, a few days later, as he was moving a plant another bird flew from the planter, brushing past his face... Which was funnier... Especially since.. Well, you get it.... it was hilarious... I got a bike for mother's day.... Which was wayyyyyyyy cool........ Despite the sadness mother's day can bring, I must admit, it was a good day... I played handy! I assembled a desk (it didn't fall apart!), took the legs from another, and reassembled it!!!, did poorly with hanging curtains.... I kind of butchered the wall... So uh, the drill has been taken from me. I did learn about liquid nail.. Way cooler!! Made breakfast (didn't burn anything)... So despite the poem posted... (a very old one). I did mourn my village, managed to pay homage to my home, text'd my girls holding it down as real moms, (I even text'd my sisters, except for the one in SA, sorry, I didn't call anyone, can't make myself say it out loud)... And even dads.... And if I didn't get ya, happy belated mother's day....

3 comments:

CousinSarah said...

Thanks for my text mama.

And HELLL YEEEAH on the desk baby!

Shelle said...

thank u for the text too. and i know about speaking the words outloud, really tough day for Spring as well.
and girl, watch out for the mockingbirds, they ain't no joke.
fiercly protective of their nests.
as mothers should be lol.

joey said...

so glad to hear this day was a good day, thanks for the msg...understood.
so...i wish u could of seen jono run from one side of the Omega Talent Hunt stage (meaning a room full of grown men) to the other and HIDE BEHIND A GIRL because there was an teen-tiny bat that had flown in the building! in his words "uh...momma... you know i don't mess aroung with birds momma"