E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-05-11

Harlem to Brooklyn....

"Your silence will not protect you."
Audre Lourde

"I searched a store with a million t-shirts, thir13teen. How could I have brought back one you already had?"
Poet in Law
"You didn't. You brought me back a black one. You know me well enough to know my taste."
Me..

El Paso. Busted. Tired. No trip across to Juarez for cheap liquor or shoes (Pumas). Landed at 6:45. Called Brooklyn at 7:00. (still waiting for return)Home at 7:30. Hosted open mic. Recognized and discussed my short comings. Took advice, yours, hers, his, his, and HIS. Found forgiveness, but it still hurts like hell. KA got a SUV. Saw the pictures of you, little you, Guy, Poet in Law and Yemeyah... I was JEALOUS AGAIN... You didn't tell me about the summer move. Please coax her into staying until October. Or at least drag her here with you and guy in August. Found forgiveness under a shiny new penny. Still hurts like hell. Resolved at least one personal conflict. I am growing.... Recognized that I let myself down when I let a friend down. Apologized for my frailties. Agreed to do another task, I fly out a week from Monday. Our Brother Bird who makes a hella brisket is back in the hospital. I'm praying. Am trying to go tomorrow to see him. Kissed KA on the cheek. Found forgiveness in his dimple. Still hurts like hell. Chris Lee qualified for our Slam Finals. How are you doing with yours? Oh, and loyalty? Well, it's been hiding, too. Found it in drainage ditch a few blocks from the house. Polluted. Diluted. Not quite the same. Found kinship in a few words and a t-shirt. I have been looking in all the wrong places....
love ya like ac in the texas summer.....

4 comments:

joey said...

what a night kim, huh? so i'm a little choked up right now. i still can't believe about the dang t-shirt...ok, i'll shut up about it now.
i love you,
kotalian

CousinSarah said...

CHRIS LEE IS THE M'F'IN BOMB!! DO YOU HEAR ME? I know you do, been tellin everyone. I already adored him...now, I LOOOOOOVE him. He is freakin amazing.

Glad to see you continuing to work on self. It is the hardest thing next to being a parent. :)

Shelle said...

thru much pain comes great wisdom, if we choose to listen.
thank you for your words yesterday.

Mahogany L. Browne said...

im sorry... im here... soon come