E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-05-04

De(feet)eD

"Et tu, Brute?"

"Shake yourself from the dust, rise up, O captive Jerusalem;
Loose yourself from the chains around your neck. O captive daughter of Zion. "

"Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet."

"you could tell by her walk that she knew what it felt like to be
a rare diamond on the lower shelf in a pawn shop
surrounded by costume jewelry,
often mistaken for trash
no longer held her self worth,
abandoned, betrayed
and used.
worn over.
sort of like her shoes"

"feet torn thru shoes worn longer then the span of my life
the threads as frayed as the ones that cover my soul
seen miles longer then the lines that trace my eyes and lies."

"Her shoes made of love and confidence, have no souls
They are much too old
They like her, have been trampled, used and seen too many lonely miles
She's traveled many backroads, she takes it all in stride."

2 comments:

Angel said...

can you see me? i'm sitting here...nodding my head...smiling back at you (no batting lashes this time though) :)

SLUMP FACADE said...

Those don't look like orgasmic feet to me, however, I dig the poetic expression. Hey, now you got $10 on it, I must be getting better you started out with $5.