E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-03-23

Turn the Station

I am home..... I don't know how I made it thru last night..... I feel as if I am worlds apart from everything and everyone. It is as if I am viewing their lives from television screens, and mind you it is not in HI Definition, nor are there any flat screens, the sound is muffled, and the static... you get the point right? I am more in tune with American Idol, Real World Road Rules Challenge, The L Word and The Boondocks. I almost cried at Dana's ceremony... I mean was I there? I had to be. I could feel the breeze and mist off the waterfall. I was there or somewhere.. I mean, it seemed as if I saw her last week. The tv world and my real life have began to morph... I am out of touch with what's going on here. Last night I heard some great poetry... Great new pieces... Poetry tag was off the chain.. I love you guys for helping the night go so quickly in order to have time to do it... Simply what p[oetry is about, spitting it with food and drink from the floor, passing it on, sharing the energy....... Despite the heavy eye lids, and at times, forced smile, I had a great time and it was great to be back home... Prob is, getting off a plane and having a couple of hours to re-adjust is mad crazy.... Found out today, I will be in El Paso, the following week. Yup. I hit Floetry Tuesday in SA, do Neo on Wednesday, fly out Thursday hella early, 6:15 am (a few hours after Neo), only to return... now mind you I was suppose to be in El Paso on Monday.. April 3... but I flipped it to Thursday... yup, a few hours after Neo-- hella early, 6:20 am.. at least it's non stop and I will lose an hour (which means I gain an hour sleep!!!!)
I did loss my cool at one point last night. Not because I was tired, but because I was touched...... Sister, Fallen Angel, thanks for knowing me well enough to buy something simply, dear and personal..... You touched me, I hope you get the same love from me.... I really do.... So this weekend, I will catch up with some poet compadres... Lisa.... Baby gurl.. love you for making the drive, Boo glad you will be back on Sunday.. I will try to watch Capote, Jar Head, and my eyelids over the weekend... it seems sometimes, I take my home life for granted and I want to treat it like a tv screen and turn the station, cut the power, mute it.... but, now, all I want to do is rewind, pause, pump up the volume, and find out what's going on in real time....

2 comments:

Angel said...

I have always gotten the same love from you Kim. You know the funny part? At times, I honestly do feel like I know you. You remind me so much of my Granny...your quiet wisdom, intellect, facial expressions, body language, and personal perspective on things make me not miss home so much. I'm just glad I could bring a slight smile to your travel-weary face. I really felt like you needed/deserved it. :)

Shelle said...

glad u r home for a minute momma...just breathe and relax a lil while.
neo was great wed, quiet smaller crowd...but a feel good energy...poet's tag, yep, always love it...thanks for the smile, and the small flicker in those almond eyes.