E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-02-13

The Art of Duplicity

To paraphrase a poet comrade, "...Anyone who is everyone's friend, could never truly be anyone's friend."
jai "byrd" malano
Duplicity is one of my favorite words. I love the way it falls upon my tongue, plays on my lips, sways across the back of my teeth, to tease the air gently upon it's release from my mouth. It starts and ends strongly.
Unlike the word Truth, which starts strongly with a curl of your tongue, press against the roof of your mouth.. Only to conclude with a puff of hot air. In other words, it ends weakly.
I say this because I am tired. I am so very tired of.......... Fill in the blank. I guess I've heard so much about the same incident, the same story with different variations and twists. What people had to say. Who was right. Who's at fault. What others believe. What others thought. The truth of the matter is I am ......... And I want to......You can fill in the blank with anything you want.
I believe in duplicity. I believe in it like a religion. My motto:"people are selfish and self-seeking by nature. And they will do what's in their best interest each and everytime.". I know Copa, I know.

1 comment:

Shelle said...

i am so tired of....fill in the blanks...too, 13.
i understand more and more each day, trust less and less even more