E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-01-03

Giving Up. Is so hard to do.......

As we stood there. The three of us. The entire time I felt as if it were a scene from a scene I didn't create, nor did I want to star in. I, too had been hurt. And as I looked toward the eyes that met mine, I saw fear, shame, pain, confusion. That crazed desire to return to a time that we knew would never come to pass. The line had been crossed. Some one has to win. Nothing could be done to recover. I'm sorry could never bring back the dignity that was sweep away in one broad stroke. A stroke which was not well thought out, ill planned and timed. Now, some one was going to be hurt. There was no going back. There would be no make up sex which lasts well into the night, leaving each covered in tears and sweat. Now the only tears are those, falling silently between the chasm of emotion which seemingly divided their once perfect union. I could only stare, as it was not my battle. But I knew, there would not be another chance. There would be no more possibilities in tomorrow. I recognized the moment. I onced lived it. Each knew it had finally arrived. No one truly wants to hurt another. Hurt people hurt people. But what do you do when the person you wish to hurt most is one you love and can no longer have. What do you do with that pain? What do you do with that emotion? What do you do with the anger swelling inside you causing involuntary spasms and irregular, erratic behavior? I turned as this was a defining moment for each. The one that would negate all the love they ever shared. As I turned to walk away, I remembered an old Donny Hathaway tune....

Giving up, so hard to do
I've tried
But it just ain't no use
Giving up, so hard to do
I said I've tried
But it just ain't no use
But my light of hope is burning dim
But in my heart I pray
That my love and faith in the girl
My love...will bring her back someday...


but what do you do when the sun is setting on someday?

No comments: