E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2006-01-10

The Flava of Love

last night....

seven year old niece: aunt kimmie, i want to eat Chinese food. can we go to a buffet?
me: okay. where do you want to go?
seven year old niece: remember when we went to sally's that day? the last time you were here and you were making fun of the people. remember when you asked my mommy why did that lady let the wind style her hair?
me: (the things they remember) yes.
seven year old niece: well, it's over there.
me: okay.

after a ten minute drive we arrive at the restaurant. we are seated, order drinks and as i glance thru the menu I realize...

me: nique, i thought you said this was a buffet?
seven year old niece: well, i thought it was. that's what the sign says. (Pointing at the Chinese writing on the wall.)
me: oh, you read Chinese?
seven year old niece: no, but i know how to say hello in Japanese....
me: have you been here before?
seven year old niece: no, aunt kimmie.
me: you want to try it out?
seven year old niece: no, aunt kimmie.
me: well, do you know where the buffet is?
seven year old niece: no aunt kimmie.

needless to say, i call my sister who laughs, then explains how I shouldn't listen to a seven year old child. what would happen if she were to.. blah blah blah blah blah... we eventually find the other restaurant and have a good meal.

later, after a serious conversation, my sister and i do what we often did as children... sit down and watch a absolutely goofy television show only we understand and laugh our butts off... it even included toasted peanut butter sandwiches and potato chips.


the flava of love... now why did they do a ghetto version of the bachelor, i have the slightest idea. but i'll watch it like anything else that freakishly grotesque, but seemingly appealing... that girl new york is a trip. red oyster is a bigger trip. the only person on the show i believe is genuine is georgia 'cuz her country ass don't know better. hoopz is cute and i have no earthly idea why she's on the show other than trying to jump start another career of sorts... but this has to be my third favorite show of the season.... da boondocks topping it off. the new season of the l-word, and yes, it starts off hellabetter than last fcking season which almost caused me to loose all hope...

oh yea... i go back to the atx tomorrow...

1 comment:

CousinSarah said...

YEAAAS. I saw that Flava crap last night. What the hell. I mean he really is a disturbing lookin man...looks in constant need of a shower and getenration update.

That brotha is NOT livin up to his Public Enemy legacy. I dont understand why he aint had a Chuck D ass whoopin...

You know where I am about to go so let me stop now.....

Simple asses.....