E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-12-14

She's Back!!!!

I absolutely love the fall. Living in Texas, makes it almost impossible to fully experience or develop a deep appreciation for it. In another life, I must have live in New England. Or at least someplace where you have four seasons and not two. Hot or Rainy.
Anyway, the grounds I work on are gorgeous. There are a lot of pecan trees. Very statuesque, towering, offering a quiet calm. There are squirrels and shyt running around. Leaves are actually crunching under my feet. It's a bit chilly. I am feeling cool, like I am a character i a New York times Best Seller. That type of confidence you know. (Oh yes, and my chest is still killing me. Okay?) So, it's late and I am chilling, ya know walking around in my chocolate brown suede jacket, a nice pair of brown slacks and a light brown shirt. Locks are tight, I swear in this moment I am cuter than I've ever been a natural sista loves some earth tones, ya know.... And of course I am talking on the cell phone. Long distance, Phoenix. I am feeling lonely 'cuz my chest is killing me and I'm starting to think I will never get better. And my physician is a million miles away, nursing me over the phone. The voice is soothing, but it's not here...
I walk back into my building to wash my hands and head home. As soon as i walk in Paper graffiti has struck again. Sign Reads: Don't Be Mad. Look Behind You. Flush. Make Sure Everything Is Clean. Don't Be Mad? Ahh, HELL TO DA NAW, Paper graffiti is a fcking sister. Only we use the words Don't Be Mad. Or maybe it's code for don't be mad that I am writing this to remind grown fcking people who are suppose to be professional to flush the fcking toilet. On one hand I'm following her, 'cuz I cannot understand how anyone can walk away from a toliet with turds floating on top? Or worse, leaving a toilet paper lump just clumped there waiting to clog the drain? Or worser (if there is such a word, I know there is no such word!) leave yellow water. Or maybe she's asking them not to be mad because only animals get mad. Humans become angry and that ONLY animals would leave restrooms this filthy. I know what animal does, It's the rare TRIFLING BITCH, but I don't want to leave a note telling her so. Or maybe she means MAD as in Much Added Distress, 'cuz it's distressing and depressing to walk into a 45 year old restroom and have it reek of 100 year piss. I don't know, but the whole thing is funny, and I can't manage a laugh without hurting myself. I tried to sneeze an hour earlier and thought an ambulance would drive up, with EMS techs running in to revive me, ripping my suede jacket in an effort to save my life. The visual was much to much for me. So I stopped thinking of all the possibilities of why it was written and began to think of who had actually written it. I am praying it's not the cleaning lady who is an older sister who looks like she does not play. She could have a little Florence (maid for the Jeffersons) in her. Next time she may want to throw water on them or make them do it themselves.

1 comment:

bRandy said...

i was just starting to miss the characters from your job and your incomparable bathroom tales... :o)
My money is on Florence...