E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-12-28

Love me knots..... Yes. Wine. This is a Love me. Love me not kind of thang...

Rings in trees show age and wisdom. Some grow slower than others. Some faster. Strong. Bold. Brilliant. Some sole purpose is that of beauty. Some shade. Protect. Shield. Nonetheless, they are trees. They filter. They are needed. Much needed.
We are tied by words and bonds that seemingly thread our souls. No we are not connected. The word itself would never do he and me just-us. It happened in one simple word. I know this, because I remember our smiles. Both sly and crooked. It was not a cliche, a simple hello. I can't remember the words, but I know the circumstances. I believed the brother was fine. And he still is. From Teddy Bear to Adonis 'cuz he comes from "a nice ass family." I loved his sensitivity and sensibility. I still do. He could never be mine, as we, well we, have always been, we have always been just-us. Zora and Langston. And I guess, if in another life time we were to lose the reddish brown of our hues, the thickness of thighs, rise in behinds, and gave in to anything other than the simple comfort of the home we seemingly feel in each others company, we would have a storied, stormy love affair, ala Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton. The passionate, tender kinship we share would be much to much for our hearts to express in love. My love for him is indescribable. And oh, he is not perfect, yet his imperfections coupled with his humanity, could never keep me angry with him for very long. He he my Oak.
The conglomerate. Kimssquared and Brandi-Wine. One I have known for what seems like an eternity. The other, well, she chipped patiently away to the core of me. Somehow managing to become closer to me than anyone I have met this year, aside from my ELM. Both have been honest from the inception. Both have a way of respecting and honoring my boundaries and space. You do so effortlessly. And yes, I am sure I get on your nerves, and you each let me know. With love. Someone knew what she was doing when she added you in my life. You make me laugh. Damn you make me laugh in ways that very few have. Thank you both. I have grown thru your friendship. We stick thru thick and thin. And yes, Brandi, sometimes you can bring your little friend. ;0) You are my Maples.
Masons - Hustle. I love you as much as I love Brian. Like him, you patiently, lovingly allow me to vent. I owe you so much. In many ways you have saved my life, saved me from self, and re-introduced me to life. You set a true example of the Black American entrepreneurial Dream. Unselfishly you and your family sacrificed so that I and countless others may have a place to realize their dreams and as I jokingly put it, set up a damn good Black Verbal Country Club. You are a very wealthy man. A millionaire. I am so grateful that you don't rely on the dollars to express your worth. I pray that we are friendships from this lifetime to the next. Some one I definitely would never want to lose. My quiet brother, who's actions speak louder than words, thank you for allowing and welcoming me. 6. Thanks for believing I can. Thanks for encouraging me. Thanks for listening. Thanks for setting an example of what a wife can truly be by supporting your husband's dream. Because I know that the both of you are crazy as hell. Nutty even. You are my Pecans.
We are oil and water. Sometimes we hurt each other unknowingly and knowingly. Only we truly know how the other feels about the other. Somehow it is never truly expressed. Yet, like Langston there is, and will always be a connection. 'Nuf said. We've never had to prove anything to anyone outside of us. You know. You always know. How I miss our midnight talks. The needles don't fall off easily. You are my Fir.
Meliaceae. You have taught me that I can be friends with a woman. Real friends. That we can have the same interests, share the same space, share similar goals, and be supportive of one another. You have been a wonderful sounding board. A wonderful teacher. My critic and editor. I will always want to be a rock(et) shoot toward your star. Thanks for being brilliant thru your humbleness and frailties. I will continue to look toward you. Your name says it all. And yes. I dig him as much as I dig you.
thanks for being my shade, my filter, my strength, my shelter. i love you guys....

No comments: