E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-11-03

THE KIMBERLEY - The Last Wilderness

Kimberley has been turbulent, from volcanic eruptions to major extinction events to ice ages. The Kimberley region, which the local guide book refers to as 'one of the world's last great wilderness areas . . . To explore the wild Kimberley is an adventure you will never forget.......

You know. Despite my best efforts to hide, you know better than anyone, that despite my best efforts to remain remote, distant, isolated, therein lies a unique richness and beauty. The pain of loss, has carved wedges in my soul, creating a disconnect between what is real, and that which I have imagined.... created out of fear of getting too close. "They always leave, or worse, cease to exists on this plane, in my lifetime. They die, simply disappear." My desire to be safe slowly dissipates as I continue to embark on this journey toward me..... one I know I have to travel alone.

3 comments:

CousinSarah said...

It is always hard I think to fight through the comfort of remaining safely in what we know to push through the discomfort of change to find out who we can be. Remember that it is also brave. I am glad someone is helping you along that path. It can be sad, and lonely and painful...it helps to have a support. Love you.

Shelle said...

vast wilderness...full of tigers, snakes and bears OH MY!!
but also full of beautiful rare flowers and butterflies and birds never found anywhere else.
nice places to rest and sit awhile to take it all in :)

bRandy said...

"The pain of loss, has carved wedges in my soul, creating a disconnect between what is real, and that which I have imagined.... created out of fear of getting too close"

This is what I love about you...your insight. Many people who think or claim to be insightful do so without ever truly being so with themselves. Your ability to be this real WITH you and ABOUT you, makes it easy to heed your insights and advice about me.