E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-09-20

remember....

i once wore
your smile.
familiar
summer rain
puddles
drowning
scrawny
ashy
ankles
attached
to hopeful
steps
filling
weary
souls
on mythical
journeys.
flash of
meteors
falling
mistakenly
for
stars
granting
a gazillion
childlike
wishes
come true
fairytales
love-me
notes
petal,
pulling
heart
strings
playing
off beat.
melodically
flutter,
rise
in
cheeks.
your smile
for me
fits
snug
across
lines
drawn
faintly
on pink
skies.
white caps
seas of
green
tears
wave
toward
silhouettes
shadowing
sun shine
slide
west
toward
you
and
what
was
loneliness
i once wore
your smile.
familiar.

kdtaylor 2005

2 comments:

CousinSarah said...

flash of
meteors
falling
mistakenly
for
stars
granting
a gazillion
childlike
wishes
come true
fairytales
love-me
notes
petal,
pulling
heart
strings
playing
off beat.


Beautiful 13...

Raquita said...

your smile
for me
fits
snug
across
lines
drawn
faintly
on pink
skies.
white caps
seas of
green
tears
wave
toward
silhouettes
shadowing
sun shine
slide
west
toward
you


this is why I read your blog - stunning...
well that and the really nifty sarcasm