E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-08-26

Weekend....

I looked at a few posts which contain ongoing about the slam. Now, someone is complaining about lists poems. He found something wrong with Anis's poem "Shake the Dust" and "You Have Been Given Permission to Rock The Fck Out." He called a poet homegirl of mine awful. Another poet shero of mine names. I used the verbage in an earier blog, because I wanted people to know I was shaking it off and leaving it all behind me. At the time, I was minimally aware of the reference, so I googled it. Here's the one I like best.

"If people do not welcome you, shake the dust off your feet when you leave their town, as a testimony against them."

To the following... SHAKE THE DUST.....
To the love of my life.. We'll win the Lotto and run away to Greece.
To my SISTERMENTORFRIEND who occassionally has bad days.
Sheeba, you are a Queen.
Rachel McKibbins, I don't really know ya, but I know ya, and I love ya Muthfckr...
Team Albuquerque 2005
Team Charolette
Team Ft. Worth
To my Main Man B and all the f'ing traveling.
To my if not by blood, by bond brother.. Handle ya business, Man!
To my poet in law for the time seperated, ya'll be togther again, aight.
To that f'ing butterfly. I see ya growin'.
To Janean you are beautiful and amazing.
To Anis I hear ya.
To that grooving butterfly and dem racoons, enjoy your new home.
To Manda and fam.... Pray, it's getting better, we're all looking up....
And to anyone that reads this blog........

I am looking forward to the weekend. DALLAS HERE I COME!!
I get to see Talaam, Rock, Twain, that fool GNO, Mike, Janean, A.J., Jamal, hopefully Ant. and the rest of 'em....

2 comments:

Amanda Johnston said...

Are you in the slam this weekend? If so, good luck! I got a message that you called. What's up? Hit me back.

Sooner than later,
Amanda

still grooven said...

thanks for the shout, 13. us and the raccoons are still cohabitating! (ugh!) it could be worse. at least it looks/feels more like home. prayers for new orleans and my momma, who (fortunately) evacuated her home for baton rouge on saturday. i hope dallas was good to/for you. holla...
still grooven,
shia