E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-08-19

Anis Mojgani says.......

Shake the dust......
I had an opportunity to vibe with this brother (and he is a brother) on Wednesday night, a brief 15 minutes, but it was a poetic lifetime. I spoke to him about one of my favorite lines:
"my father rides the bus 45 minutes to water flowers"....
Anis read the piece in the Indy Finals, a piece he states he has never slammed, but absolutely loves. He epitomizes the word poet, as he did what he wanted, on the National Stage for the INDY FINAL... and didn't care what place he got as long as the message was clear. And it was.
Absolutley amazing.....
Aside from that moment of glory and I will say, again, and again, I have been blessed with the opportunity to brush shoulders with greatness over and over again! Oh Thank You Poetic God....

Aside from that I am sick. Yes!!!! Physically ill. I have a cold of some sort. Allergies probably. I didn't even perform on Wednesday night. Yet, it will be the second time I returned from the National Poetry Slam and been truly humbled and baffled. In that I have not wanted to perform but to absorb more, listen to poets and poetry. Listen to everything around me express themselves. Humbled as I am aware this is a gift and it transcends color, gender, sexual preference, social and financial status, whatdafckever and I must use it wisely, as Talaam says, "What if this was GOD's work?"..... Baffled, as each time, I am amazed at how people see things the same, but express them differently. So I must lay my pen down, open my mind and find some positive space. Shake the dust.....

I'm moving on. I have severed ideas and thoughts in my mind and heart. Somethings have been heavy, to heavy for me to carry. I've dropped it... Shake the dust.

I may have been too heavy for some people and they, too heavy for me, so I am doing for you what you could never do for yourself. I am doing for me what I have been unwilling to do for myself. Removing myself from your space. Distance does not mean lack of tolerance or lack of love.... I can and will continue to love and admire you from afar....Shake the dust.

1 comment:

Mahogany L. Browne said...

sounds like you had fun! where's my cd? call me about christa's -- i got the info for you!