E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-07-21

guess who's back?

We got that Bobby and Whitney kind of love. That Left Eye - Andre Rison kind of love. Florida and James. We like oil and water. We ghetto, on fire and don't friggin' mix, but DAMN DAMN DAMN......I love her.... Damn I love her....MY HIP HOP is back. And we are in love!!!! Or at least for the moment. She's temperamental. Moody. Some may call her a bitch. She's not nice to most, kind of smirks at you, on the count of her crooked grill. Half ass talks to you, at times inaudible, others she just mumbles. I even had to slap her a couple of times to hear what she was saying. We had serious relationship issues until yesterday afternoon. Her mouth is still a problem, still can't quite understand her, but I listen to her whisper.. Even after all the abuse, cries, and prayers, my BABY has returned!!!!! We no longer have that off and on kind of love.... Currently I don't have to worry about her being in the mood. I can now turn the key only ONCE and she PURRS...... Her grill is even straight thanks to Mr. Miller and a six pack of genuine draft..... It pays to be kind.... That's another story though.....
Mariah Carey's Vanishing blew her speakers a few days before she conked out on me at ABIA (airport) after I returned from El Paso. So while we are riding and starting at nearly every first twist of the key, I could care less about music. Maybe I can memorize a couple of new poems until I can get some more speakers. But like the paint job we're waiting to ensure that she's gonna run... I ain't buying her no new dress and fixing her mouth without knowing if she's gonna do what she's suppose to. Ya know?
Last night the crew laughed at me as Hip Hop and I did doughnuts in the parking lot. Love even had the nerve to be funny thinking she might not start after I turned her off. Psych!!! Her engine turned right over. I'm just grinning, doing my best Tina Turner (during the Ike years)impersonation... "Cuz, I'm almost waiting for her to call me Annie Mae and bitch slap me in front of everyone, shoving birthday cake all over my face, as we sit in the diner.. Oh, I digress, got caught up in the movie. But you know the horror of it all....... Hip Hop abuses, but I keep coming back for more. Chris Rock says it best, "they get you on the comeback" .... She knows I'm gonna keep comin' back. And I sure as hell do. Believing that the next repair is my last repair. We did 80 on the way home last night.
Hell she woke up with vigor and pep!!!! She did 95, yes 95 miles per hour on 685 this morning!!!! We rode in the cool breeze high off life, in love with each other and the road. I pray that this love is not temporary. Fleeting. Vampire-like, sucking me dry of finances and hope...
But when you're love sick, you're love sick. I now have three God given blessings and passions. Each brings me joy in so many ways. I pen words that are on my heart as frequently as I can. I carry three rocks in my pocket to entice the inner penguin, reminding me that I have a greater purpose and joy if I remain patient. And I drive the hell out of my little longhorn orange 1984 VW rabbit whenever she's in the mood.

4 comments:

CousinSarah said...

I am SO happy she is up and running 13, I know that has been a drama filled relationship for a while. Holla at me about some speakers. Rich does all this stuff to his car and I think he may have some left over speakers that I will give you if they will work! I am so happy to hear she is back for ya!

my coffee is always said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
still grooven said...

i hear you 13! passion is good. and being in love is bliss. i am in love with my black beauty too. she inspires me in ways nothing else can cause she is mine and she knows i am hers. my 1991 black toyota camry. LOVE her! ride on, mah! ride on!

bRandy said...

I am still looking forward to a ride--she sounds like the "high maintenance but worth it" type...just like i like 'em!
-B