E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-05-07

Til Your Nipples Are Harder Then Life

As borrowed from Taalam Acey.
Life is a little difficult now. I am not complaining or placing anything out there for the GODs to use against me. I guess I am experiencing growing pains. This weeks been full of twists and turns.
My week since we last talked:
Tuesday - Took a grueling spin class, and then had to go an excursion for a cream dress, as I am to wear it for my sister's wedding on Friday. Funky and tired from spin class wearing sweat socks and my Doc Marten sandals, Tommy Hilfiger warm up jacket, and some torn-up shorts. Yes, I have become part of austin's weird. No luck on the dress. Mind you Erica has been on my azz to find this dress sooner.
Wednesday - No work out, left work early to get my hair re-locked and colored. Hair took forever, as I neglected it a bit, and my girl Betty knows how I like to look. Did the usual black beauty shop thang, had food delivered, took a break to eat, took a break to discuss bootleg cds..... Anyway, when she told me the price my heart sank to my feet, melted under the weight of my body and slide thru a hole in my shoes. It was well worth it though, but there goes that A/F t-shirt I'd been eyeing for the weekend. Luckily Erica found me a dress at the right time.... Man I almost forgot... Big Ups to Suzy, DaShade, and Funky Mike on to the Austin finals. I had to host Neo-Soul... I will get to that on Monday.. not today.... It's was that interesting..
Thursday - Got to Houston. Got wrong directions. Got lost. Called Hotel. Got wrong directions and got lost in Houston. Got lost in Houston. Got lost in Houston. Hot gost in Louston. You get the picture. No one could give good directions. The house party disguised as a wedding rehearsal dinner was interesting. Three parties. My sister and the other sisters in the kitchen drinking "cute" drinks. I was not.. as rum runners and fuzzy navels are a poor excuse to waste good liquor. My dad and Erica, along with a few others were watching the NBA playoffs which was where I wanted to be. And Pierre's family and friends were at the dinner table drinking wine. Now Pierre is Haitian, as are his friends. So no one understood the other, so both families spent the entire night nodding heads and smiling like you often do in foreign countries.
Friday - Had an incredible blog written up for the weeks activities and the hotel connection was lost. So I lost the entire blog. Spent an hour on the phone with Goldentree I.T. staff who were unable to get me thru the firewall. Attended the wedding. Absolutely beautiful. It was the the Groovy Grill Mansion in Houston. A historic mansion renovated, and owned by a black couple (support your locals). Needless to say, we had a great time with the food, dance and company. I later meet some friends and went to a party at a club called Toyz.... What an experience.
I have to fill you in on the details later, but I'm beginning to believe that Houston may become Vegas, what happens in Houston STAYS in Houston.
Each day had disappointments as the week progressed. Just don't want to go into them. But shortlist starting from Friday in reverse order. Lost a friend due to lack of communication and her ongoing disrespect of my values and beliefs. I will live and learn... Learned I don't value the ones I love as much as I need to. I really missed my Dad and didn't realize it until I say him. And never get directions from a hotel clerk.
later... Not until Monday..
13

3 comments:

joey said...

13! sorry the week was so tough, hopefully sitting in 'the shade' will give u some comfort. u know i love u tremendously. thinking of u today, i know this m-day is not the same as years past. she's looking down on u with much pride, i'm sure of it.

much love,
p-i-l

Anonymous said...

cant wait to see your hair!

mahogany

CousinSarah said...

I know it doesnt always seem like it, but it is amazing to be able to find lessons through stress, disappointment and loss. Sometimes I swear it is more easy to get lost in the "am I really suppossed to carry this one more thing on my shoulders?" or "WHAT IN THE HELL DID I DO TO A COMPUTER IN A PAST LIFE THAT IT MUST ALWAYS CRASH WHEN I HAVE MY BEST SH*& DOWN." I lost the last paper to get my finals the night before I was to turn that 15 page bad boy it, and that particular experience just makes you THROUGH. But I digress, my original point was it is a strength in you my friend and poet that through the darkness, you find the rays of light that you are supposed to learn from or see through. So, keep finding the lessons, cause it is often that darkness that ignites our pens for survival and the lessons that can sometimes bring light into dark corners.