E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-05-11

let there be light, or can someone light a frickin' match?

Today is the 11th day of the month. Today is our 11th. It is also Anything Can Happen Day (Mickey Mouse Club). Eleven is my favorite number and Wednesday is my favorite day of the week. So this morning as I awoke, I proclaimed that Wednesday the 11th would be chocked full of surprises. That all my life's problems would be resolved by 11:11 am, or at least under serious review by 11:11 pm. Well the resolution did not occur. But one nasty little issue was finalized. My 1996 Volkswagen Jetta, affectionately known as "Dutchess" was hauled away by a gentleman named Joey, who promised to find her a good home. But before he gave old Dutchess a ride, he had the mitigated gaul to ask if Hip Hop was the car he was taking away. Hip Hop is my girl, she's not just some car!! So we BOTH looked thru him, as if he were foolishly invisible. Hip Hop has one clear and one smoke tinted headlight, which I swore matched my curiously piercing stare in that moment. I could tell by Joey's smile when I answered no, that he thought HIP HOP was winking at him. In that moment I was reminded why I hate it when she tries to imitate my stares and gazes, 'cuz she gives the wrong impression. She can be a little flirt at times! ANYWAY we determined that while Joey seemed like a nice guy, he was a HUGE ASS-HOLE for thinking that SHE, a classic 1984 Volkswagen Rabbit was to be towed away. I mean the monstrous beast he drove couldn't tow HIP HOP's molding (which was laying in the back seat), let alone her fine chaise. To make matters worse I was a little shaky as it was after noon and I had yet to get high on my favorite job related drug (bold toffee nut misto). And the only food I've eaten since Saturday afternoon has been two 1.5 bags of cheez-its, one s'mores granola bar, a hand full of peanuts, and three beef/chicken nachos (not a plate, but individual nachos). I still have no appetite.
I had been down the past few days. Grieving as I often do around mother's day. I am also INLUV. And I had lost sight of that emotion. I was so caught up in my loss, fear, and other f'd up emotions that I failed to recognize the love around me. I made a few mistakes over the weekend out of fear which contributed to my bleak outlook and attitude toward things. My tongue is as wicked as it is charming. Thus my official apology to the love of my life.
darkenedsilence:becauseuwillalwaysmeanthatmuch
When I went over to ELM's office today, as I often do, to recharge, get a grip on life... Today I felt a little different, we are celebrating our 11th, an anniversary of sorts. And I felt optimistic, but I wasn't sure until.... (i'm probably gonna get in trouble for giving you guys too much info...)Upon giving the gift, I looked deeply and was soon lost in those brown eyes and felt the warmth of that brilliantly gorgeous smile, all I could think was thank you.... Thank you to the Gods and Heavens, because someone has finally turned on a light.
thir13teen
andtheysayitaintlucky......

2 comments:

bRandy said...

kim,
it takes a strong heart and mind to realize (even if "finally") the love surrounding you in the midst of grief. as someone who has come to care deeply for you, i am so glad that you have E...and i am very much of the opinion that E is very lucky to have you too. the words that come from your mouth (or fingers as you type) sometimes bewilder me...beyond being a poet of beautiful words, you are simply a deep and beautiful woman who i too feel lucky to know. you have so much to give and deserve so much to receive and i truly enjoy just sitting back and listening to and watching you.

CousinSarah said...

13-It was WONDERFUL to meet Hip Hop last night. And you are right, I am sure you two were cousins or sisters or somehow related in your past lives. And, it is a wonderful wonderful feeling, when someone, finally turns on the light.