E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-05-26

Day Dreaming and I'm Thinking of You

Taalam "Fcking" Acey was in OUR SPOT last night. OUR FCKING SPOT. We have had our share of INTERNATIONAL SPOKEN WORD SUPERFCKIN SUPERSTARS IN OUR HOUSE.. Mahogany Browne, Jive Poetic, Marc Marcel and now Taalam Acey...We will be that VENUE in CENTRAL TEXAS... Last night was probably one of the top single best poetic experiences of my life. In less than two months I have performed on the same stage/floor with my idols.. i.e Mahogany Browne, Taalam Acey, Jive Poetic, Marc Marcel and Christopher "Fluke" Lee. It has been sweet!!! Thanks Hustle and June for making a poet's wet dream come true.... Now, if someone knows Suheir Hammad, please give a sistah a call. The house, being Neo-Soul Lounge had a pretty good crowd. The audience sat back taking it all in, tryin' to front on the word. But before it was all over, you could tell they were feeling it...Jo Lee McCoy (see Scef n'em link) did his thang... Damn Mississippi Soul Man. Brother made it feel like an India Aire. video (al la I Am Ready For Love). The last piece he spit was incredible... he says he's a musician who writes poetry sometimes... Yea right! We had a couple of the folks from the Austin Slam scene slip in and take it all in. We, as hospitable as always offered the community beer and extended our mic. Now Taalam (OHHH MY GOD, IS THAT HIM) performed two of my favorite erotic pieces Aura #2 Withdrawal and What You Deserve, extremely sensual, made me want to hurry on home now.... DAMN POET!!! He closed his set with the incredible "What If This Was God's Work" a plea for poets to do the mic justice, to see what we do as a religion, not as a means of getting some ass. It was, as always absolutely amazing I encourage you to purchase his cd.....
My life right now is on a platter, a soul food buffet. I mean fried pork chops, greens, fried cabbage, candied yams, mac and cheese, sweet cornbread, and some sickly sweet, muthafckin red kool-aid. In other words, nostalgic (reminding me of the experiences we must live to and get thru), sticking to my ribs, rich and fulfilling, heavy, pleasing, could give you a heart attack, but you're too busy savoring every moment, to think of the negative consequences. Who da fck cares? Ya only live once, at least in this shell. So I sit, wait and day dream. I day dream of love taking and making. I day dream for my biological family, that we continue to find peace, happiness, and comfort from and with one another. I day dream for my poetic family, that their dreams and wishes are fulfilled. I day dream of baths filled with rose petals and jasmine. I day dream of Oshun, the Yoruban Goddess of love; hoping she's not just visiting, flirting at my door, but is really willing to stay awhile, perhaps a lifetime. I day dream cuz my life seems nothing shy of it... I day dream cuz it contains my next breath, my next heart beat, my next thought....I day dream cuz my next poem depends upon it.....

2 comments:

simon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
simon said...

Hi 13 this is simon from london . . I've been reading your site I find it v interesting well u actually I like the way you change your style so well I fadetonothin I noticed you like the film closer I liked that, I've had a look at some poetry books but there gobildegook unlike yours.