E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-05-20

CANWESTAYTHISWAY

FADE2LIGHT
Dialtone
Speed dial: 116
"good morning."
"good morning." early morning voice whispers thru cellular towers massaging aching nerves and tension from clinch muscles reacting to slow traffic and flashing brake lights. we talk as we trail each other into the city.
"how are you?"
"better then before."
"are you happy?"
"yes." the word almost forcing it's way thru my simple smiles. warmth swells in my heart. "very. you're smiling aren't you?".
"yes?"
"why?"
"cuz I'm happy, too."
"do you think we can stay this way?"
"yes?"
"I l....... u." damn sprint phone. "did you hear me?".
"yes, I l...... oo." as voice breaks in thin air, and blows thru my locks. I feel the smile in the words and allow them to fill the gaping wounds in my heart. voice continues, "baby, what are you doing?".
"thinking."
"about?".
FADE2BLACK
1:30 am music in background, KEM - SAY
Baby say
What's on your mind
What's on your mind
I've been here all morning waitin'
For your answer I'm waitin'
I've been sober long enough to remember
How good love is
How sweet your love is
Notwithstanding my crime
Say you remember how good love can be baby
Say you'll never lose your faith in me baby yeah
candlelight sways to melodic rhythm,
dances on the ripples of scented bath,
glistens in the shadows shading the darkness.
one sits in warmth of bath.
one sits on floor.
eyes meet.
eyes smile.
FADE2BLACK

No comments: