E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2005-04-27

Dreams and Poetry

I had a dream (sound familiar?)late Monday night/early Tuesday morning...
I was standing backstage, in the shadow of huge red curtains. I was watching Mo Browne do a dynamic monologue regarding battered women and run away children. She was sitting in a chair center stage, all was dark with the exception of a lone spotlight, which was like the sun shining only for her. As she completed her last line, I walked from the right side of the stage, fellow neo-soldier/mirror sister "Shelle" aka "BuddaFly" came from the left side of the stage, and we spit a group piece. What's freaky is, in my dream she and I ripped the "SHYT" out a piece that has never been written. Even more fcked up was that the "SHYT" was dope... Even freakier fcked was I heard EVERY SINGLE WORD!!! Now, first off, anyone who knows me knows that I am attempting to shy away from group pieces. You get a partner, people get used to hearing it a certain way, and then you can never do the piece again with another soul in life 'cuz people are going to say it was ah'iit, but...... e.g. Harlem Loss without Jai Byrd ('nuff said). Anyway, I walked around all freakin' day without writing it down. Now mind you, this piece woke me up three times, and I was TOO LAZY TO GET UP AND LOOK FOR SOME PAPER AND A PEN TO WRITE IT DOWN... well, actually, I wasn't at home. AT home, I have a pen and a notebook in my nightstand drawer, I was such a fanatic about these things that at one time, I had a mini flashlight, cuz I hate lamps, I digress... To make matters worse, as an afterthought I mentioned it to Michelle at a practice we had for LaLove last night. At that time, I gave her an idea of what the piece was to be, and requested she e-mail it.... I usually have my laptop so I can write it down anywhere, but I finally got HIP-HOP (B-Fran named it)back, so I cannot drive with expensive items in the car.... I have developed a strange interest in older cars... until yesterday, I was driving a 1980 Mercedes SL. But I purchased HIP-HOP as a birthday present for myself... 1984 Volkswagen Rabbit Convertible Wolfsburg Edition. Now what makes this car special is it was the LAST YEAR of Rabbit Production, Volkswagen changed the name the following year (1985) to Cabriolet. It requires a paint job and I digress, Adult A.D.D. Any way, she and I have a started the piece, we'll let you know how it goes. Congratulations to Mo Browne for making the Slam Off finals at Bar 13.... Good Luck to LaLove, Chris Lee (Flawless) and anyone I may have missed for the Austin Slam offs tonight. Also, check out the side links so you can see about my boy KA and the Wild 100s as well as Korim da Youngstar... His moms is pushing him like DOPE and we love him like dopefiends.... Smoke um up Smoke um up... I gotta go rest in the shade of my ELM, I got a long night....
Holla..... 13andtheysaythatshytaintlucky...

1 comment:

Mahogany L. Browne said...

gimme the topic. imma take your cue. cause if you said i ripped it in the dream - then it's a done deal waiting to be inked.

:)

ps - the pins got out at noon on wednesday. still a little groggy but i had to check my email. thanks for thinking of me!