E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2009-11-05

Autumn Leaves


We have

Had

our season....

It doesn't mean Autumn is no longer my favorite ...

It is...

It remains the same nostalgic beauty pulling blood and conjuring blues from my soul..

A pleasurable pain, I must learn to forget...

just not (ready) yet...

September, while painful, nearly a favorite month, as it is.. the ending and beginning.

Sometimes we have to start at the end to get back to the middle..

I don't want the beginning..

U...

have always, will always be.. the middle.

I hold a tear in each palm..

praying...

they find their way back to each other

in some form...

even if they evaporate

slip into gaseous state

from friction

angered heat

or fear...

they. u. me.

existed.

I'm here

drop(ping)... Leaves

Leaves,

Fall,

Cool breezes carry memories I can't shake.. The anticipation of colder leaner months, chill my bones and cause my thoughts to chatter anxiously like teeth clip click clapping a top one another in the dead of Winter.

Leaves under feet, crush, crackle and I think of laughter and smiles..

Your laughter. Your smile.

Thoughts clip click clap chatter... shaking feelings chilling my bones...

It's mid Autumn.

Trees, much like our connection... sparse and barren..

Lonely disconnects waiting for warmth moisture

Doesn't mean I don't reminiscence....

Doesn't mean I don't stand in the emotion despite the anticipation of OUR COLD winter chill ever present in mood and rooms..

Perhaps you will never know...

Reds, browns and golds remain my favorite color....

The smell of cracked burning wood causes my heart to flutter...

And the leaves, well, they carry their simple message upon the missing breeze.....

absent, yet present.

"the body, not spirit, always leaves...

remember me in the leaves... look for me in the spring..."

kdtaylor, 2009

1 comment:

maljazur said...

...and that's what's up.