E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2009-10-15

Bismillah (thankful prayer)



In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful...
I know you have been working on my emotional health and spirit. I continue to fight the idea of what's just and right, the judgement of others, my righteous indignation, false accusations and outright lies. I know that going "underground" is not the best way to handle things as it leaves questions regarding my character and genuineness. However, I am tired of taking the "high road" and not responding to critics and defending myself.

Today, I have faith that I don't have to and will not resort to behaviors that are inconsistent in what you have placed in my heart, mind and soul.

I pray for the strength to continue to walk with my head held high, knowing there is my side, another's side and your path. While my feet have grown weary, please continue to guide me as I walk this path of redemption, re-birth and growth.

Thanks for all the lessons (by act, person or possession) you have placed before me. I live without regret as I know everything that has happened as lead me to this place.

In other words, I thank you for this space, this place.

I open my heart and mind to G(good) O(orderly) D(direction) as I know I will be granted your G(grace) given many O(opportunities) to fulfill my D(destiny).

kdtaylor

1 comment:

Ebony Stewart said...

If this were like Facebook you'd have a thumbs up!
Love you