E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2009-08-10

on trees and scripts..

you know that. now the world knows. i will always love you.... we are in transition.

i am loving her.... it is growing.

i love you, both. differently.

i have loved you, as you have loved me for a very long time. for so long that i, no, WE forgot who WE are... individually and collectively.

i am loving her and allowing her to love ME back to the ME i once was.... the one i forgot. the one that is easy and breezy. cool and calm... goofy. happy to be alive. just me.

yes, i was happy with you. my happiness has been redefined. as yours has....

no, it wasn't hers, yours, my or our fault... it's time and seasons. i will always love autumn.

you caught me at a time when i could not, would not love myself in a healthy manner. i really believed i could. i really wanted to. for that i am sorry.

she caught me at a time when i wasn't looking for anything. not one thing. and now, well. i have possibilities.

u and i took a chance. we took a huge chance. we were both hurt. i could never heal your pain. you could never love my hurt away. hurt people can't love until they heal. we had to grow through it. welcome to the other side of our hurt and pain. who would have thought this would be the result?

thanks for the healing... thanks for the shade. you are still my tree, my ELM. and i will never cut the branches or trim you back... only two things will remove you from my life. You or God.

it's been a long strange journey... it has been a bumpy ride. i wouldn't change it for the world..

it, our lives and where we go from here can only become strangely stronger.... no one defines us, they never have....

thank you for being my friend and supporting me... even when my path does not appear to include the "WE" we always envisioned..really..

thanks for allowing me to open another chapter in my life. no one but a FRIEND could do so.

i love you...

1 comment:

Shelle said...

VERY good one sis...very good