E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2009-08-30

Nikki Harris (R.I.P.)

Sis... We had one extensive IM conversation. It was couple of weekends ago. You were funny and witty. You ribbed me about eating unhealthy foods while my girl was away. I told you that people loved and missed you as well as your words. Over the years, we've exchanged blog comments and read each others words/works. I was awed and, at times; envied your body of work. You were a fantastic writer. I promised to visit on at least two occasions. I never did. Will never get the chance. I am grateful that G.O.D. allowed us that last conversation. I will take it with me. Everyone questions.... I didn't have to know you well to cry and ask "why".

Sister.. you were funny, witty, creative, one of the best writers I know. You were laughter, insight, thought and an unfinished poem....

Sometimes the young flame out simply because they've impacted enough for for their legacy to live on... G.O.D. believed you've reached the masses, he longed for your touch and called you home. Rest Sister your work is done here....

kdt

No comments: