E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2009-05-29

Just a little dat and dis (yet) i Claim her... friendship

This was our favorite meeting place. Before an angel's wings and a little balled up fist, we were two charming January Mofo's that shared a friendship. A bond. And a love of Chucks and Vee-Dubs.

We had, and continue to have a simple understanding, just laying low and being low key. Someone I could just be me and you could continue to grow into you. We found that in each other...

As life hits, and it does, we grow and move on. We fall in love (not with each other LOL!!) and begin our separate journeys. Never away from the friendship, just following the path that life takes us. We know that if the other ever needed a hand or a word, we'd be there.

Uncanny and true to us, our lives paralleled. We found ourselves making the same hard choices independent of conversations. We are also finding ourselves and better love along the way.

I can treat you as I have my life long friends. We don't have to talk everyday yet can answer the phone and pick up at the last moment we spoke or were together. That is the essence of a mature friendship. Thanks for being one of a handful.

I always give props to B-Langston, Angel, Eb and Chelle. You and the Kotalian mean as much to me, yet you have always been the one who would rather hang to the side until it was just our time. So forgive me for putting this out here....

I know you have cheered for me, as I have always cheered for you. No one understands our silence and unknowing glances. They don't have to. MOST IMPORTANTLY we do.

I look forward to continuing to cheer for you as you enter another phase in your life. You know I am always here. And prayerfully this time I get to be in the wedding. For real, you know!?! (I know you're a bit fearful, 'cuz I am just that CUTE... ROTFLMAO!!)

True to our goofy nature, I will leave you with this... our friendship can always be felt in the ayer!!!!!!

peace bug and love for chucks... we are all stars.

3 comments:

bRandy said...

and stars never fade, but remain steady in their position in the sky no matter what...damn i want one of those burgers...actually it's the fries/onion rings combo that i miss...and the company...but damn, i'm gonna have to skip those "frings" with you in the wedding and have a vegetable and a workout instead--can't have you up there showing me up...lol

Ebony Stewart said...

Hugs and pluck!

Shelle said...

aww look at my peeps together again...well really never parted right...yeah you will be there front and center my dear (smile)