E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2009-03-09

Another Again.. I'm challenging all who read to do this!!

5 minutes with Kimberley D Taylor (the poet formerly known as Thir13Teen). I sound good already.

If money didn't matter what would you do with your life? I move to a place where no one knew me. I would wake up every morning and go to Starbucks to people watch. I would create stories, poems and prose about them and place them in a book entitled: section 8 coffee presents: 13's conversation with self.

What's the biggest misconception about you? I don't like people, I'm mean.. I like everyone I meet. i just don't consider everyone I meet a friend.

Beauty or brains? Brains. I love intelligence, quick wit and sarcastic humor.

What is your weapon of choice? If I gave into my current state of mind, I'd say REVENGE to (Live well. It is the greatest revenge. The Talmud) and better than I have til this point. However, I've been practicing kindness. I was reminded by a childhood friend of my heart before I lost my Grand. Incidents that occurred in junior high school principle and later a high school counselor, who in the end (because of my behavior) told me (when i was about to be kicked out of school) "young lady, you succeeded. you are capable of killing people with kindness, go back to class."

Who was your first celebrity crush? I guess maybe, Robert Hooks from the White Shadow.

What's your family's nickname for you? My Grand had a way of calling me her favorite grandchild when ever we greeted by phone or in person.... I miss that. My Dad calls me KD.... My niece and nephew call me Auntie Kimmie and I love the way their sing song pronunciation rings in my ears...

What is your most embarrassing guilty pleasure? My $1000.00 a year crack addiction at Starbuck's Coffee.

What's the last book you've read? The Wisdom of Crowds and Black Pain.

Name one thing that scares you? Dying alone.

What's the biggest mistake you've made? Not staying with my grand, the night I won the San Antonio Slam. That was our very last time together.

Who would you cast to play you in a movie about you? Nia Long

If you ran for President of the United States, who would be your running mate? Bill Maher, some body's got to be there when it gets ugly.

Who is your favorite TV mom? Angela Petrelli from Heroes.. She is so protective and ruthless it's ridiculous.

What's the fastest way to pick a fight with you? Making unwarranted rude/ugly statements. Generally I'm polite, even when i am being "mean".

If you could tell one person to shut up, who would it be? Probably myself every time I'm about to stick my foot in my mouth.

Who would you die for? They're already dead. I would love to be courageous and list names (like my niece, nephew or sister). I truly believe it would be spontaneous.... The act of dying for another....

Name one celebrity with whom you would never procreate under any circumstances? Flava Flav.

It would be an honor if some said my writing/poetry reminded them of_____________. Etheridge Knight or Chris Lee.

Name one sex act you would never perform if you were the opposite sex? Don't come near my ass with anything....

Would you ever pose for Playgirl/Playboy? Huh, no!

When was the last time you cried? last night, over spilt milk.

What's the greatest personal tragedy you've ever experienced? The death of my village (in this order, my mother, great aunt, great-grand, favorite aunt, grand).

Complete this sentence: By this time next year______________. I will be better than I am today.

1 comment:

Ebony Stewart said...

A few these had me rolling over laughing at you!
Lol.
Good stuff. Did you see mine?