E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2009-02-27

Overheard....

Overheard - "absence does not make the heart grow fonder, it only makes the eye wander," female co-worker offering "BAD" advice to another re: her ongoing long distance relationship dilemma.

Because I have an extreme amount of work today, there is no poem.. there is this..

how do i love thee,
let me count the days...
i find u in every moment i breathe...
every second that gives way til tomorrow..
it is your face i see in the space between
my heart's thoughts and it's beats' words...
u are my sun set and moon rise..
my day and night.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moon meets sun during mid-day rendezvous,
Snow caresses raindrops
I beg my foot steps to betray my quicken heart beats,
And turn to you…
To greet our past moments of happenstance and circumstance,
Peel away the my self annihilation
Strip me of my inhibitions.....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If I didn’t know them
my words would stumble,
trip and fall for you
over and over.
again and again.
I taste the hauntingly
familiar,
my body gently quakes
I savor the flavor
That mends my aches
and breaks,
at each and every break of dawn
break in the rain clouds threatening
to drown my blue skies
breaks in crumbled promises made
by those who’d trade
the assurance of lies
for the uncertainty of truth.
you a graciously simple constant
the one I hold dear
cradling my fears,
brushing away tears,
and damn… I wish you were near.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


1 comment:

Shelle said...

that photo (lol) so you...
...i beg my foot steps to betray my quicken heart beats, and turn to you...
yep