E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2009-02-17

ame caerse de páginas y pétalos

u ask y…
and i wish.
i wish
i could ascend the lofty
distinction
between
an under-
taking
and a promise.
bridge the gap
linking
intention
and
action.
run the distance
connecting
adoration
and
admiration…
but I can’t.
my trepidation
suffers
from an acute case of
cowardice.
the hero in me
ate a bit too
much baloney
and is sick to
her stomach.
cheesy,
i know.
though
if assurances
were flowers
I would choose
them more
carefully ..
prayerfully.
contemplating
each and every
one
before
clumsily
reaching toward
and clasping them
in my hesitant hands.
i would vow
to cherish the
delicacy
of moments
graciously accepting
the timeless
flawlessness
in every petal's
splendor;
of it’s frailty.
appreciating!
knowing!
that
one day
it too shall demise.
in times of darkness.
I must be ready
to sacrafice
strength
accept humility; and
transcend my moon light
to sun rays.
(if i could)
if only for a second
to keep it sustained.
and in defeat
strongly face
the brillance
of it’s transition
from
body
to spirit!
like our
love
it doesn't have to
die.
or be crushed...
simply cherished...
tucked tightly into the
leaflets and pages
for some one
some where
to find...
to open
to read
to watch
us..
stumble
tragically
from
this
life's
pages....


kdtaylor, 2009
section 8 coffee
all rights reserved

3 comments:

Copasetic Soul said...

that was dark but beautiful...this will sound crazy but:

"the hero in me
ate a bit too
much baloney
and is sick to
her stomach.
cheesy,
i know."

that line is so REAL!

Ebony Stewart said...

You're brilliant! The monkey too!

Shelle said...

i was trying to cut and paste what spoke to me the most...then realized i was copying the whole piece over...yeah i like it alot