E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2008-10-02

for you...

1 day, i will tell u I love u,
& u will mean it.
U will listen 2 d thoughtful whispers
X-changed b'tween d stars & d moon,
hear a voice longing 2 sing ur praise
& prayerfully u will answer;
recognizing that
it’s not me,
but d woman i aspire 2 b'come.
b'cuz right now,
i’m not really fit 4 me

let alone us...
there was a time when d bend of u,
curved 2 d shape of we,
& i couldn’t tell where we began
‘cuz 4 us there was never an end,
i mean, we couldn’t evoke a moment
b4 we were in.di.vid.u.ally
a u or a me.
there was no such thing
as once upon a time b4 we.
like d gumption of my emotion
hid n d reflection of perfection
at d cusp of ur personification's inception.
in other words
“baby, u were mine, & simply faultless n ur imperfections.”
now i reach 'cross sheets grasping 4
d silhouette that was once u.
u’ve been gone so long
that i can’t remember d essence of u.
i’ve been making love 2 d ghost
that has become
4 so long that i’ve grown accustomed
2 d moans of ur nightmares,
graciously accepting them as a guilty pleasure.

kdtaylor, 2008

to be continued...

1 comment:

Shelle said...

sis...get out my bed lol...like the writing style a lot zora