E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2008-09-09

a reminder...

09.09.04. the last time i talked to you. and when i was really hurting and missing you most. jill scott reminded me in a hidden track. i had listened to that cd many times and never heard that song, until that moment when i needed it most. that's my biggest jillio connection.

sometimes i don't recognize it, but i know.... you're still here. you're with me and you're helping me grow into the woman i am suppose to become. i think you'd be proud. i know you aren't sitting on some cloud watching me, but i like to think you're in my ear every once in a while. whispering to me, telling me everything i need to know.. when the time is right. i don't call your number anymore, because i'm afraid someone will answer it and it would break my heart. i don't know how many phones i've had since 2004, i know i've had at least two this year. your number transfers with the phone. you sit above me at work so when i lift my head it's you that i see. when i needed to be grounded i look ahead toward my mom. and of course when i search toward the heavens, my help cometh from....

I am a boisterous river I am a mountains story I am a quiet feeling I am a fragrant flower I am a moonlit evening I am a peaceful night I am a writers thinking I am a wealth unfathomed And if you don't recognize my presence, I am here And if you don't recognize me, I am here I am a source of power I am excited journey I am the rock of patience I am a whisper singing I am unbridled freedom I am the thought from thinking I am a love unshattered... jill scott

2 comments:

Shelle said...

believe me i understand...i still sometimes go by her house, my childhood home...hoping to see her sitting on the porch.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post.