E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2008-09-11

Margaret R. Belise

The world mourned
I could only hold my breaths
which seemingly
escaped from estranged lungs
to collapse dramatically atop my rib cage.
When the first plane hit,
we couldn’t imagine,
couldn’t fathom...
Then the second plane blindsided
our thought’s memory,
reminding what we'd desperately tried to forget,
the tired, the hungry, the poor...
the huddled masses
drug us by the feet,
back into this life,
our life..
the here
the now…
And now..
I mourn alone.
Four years ago, my tower,
She 5’9 and 160 plus
Stood taller than any building
Straight erect, steel spined,
stronger than rock and mortar.
Eyes brazen,
reaching across miles, smiles,
And frowns…
Mirroring ancestral......
kdtaylor, 2008
section 8 coffee

four years ago today, while the world mourned the tragedy of 9/11... my tower collapsed.. and not to say that i don't feel for those persons who lost someone special in the tragic incident. i just have to bring it closer to home. Grand. i still miss you.

2 comments:

Ebony Stewart said...

Nicely put

PoeticProphetess said...

I always enjoy your way of putting things into perspective!