E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2008-09-08

ebony and ivory

I AM SO LOVING FACE BOOK!!! okay, so I found another friend... i found her through her daughter (sydnee) who was like my daughter. syd was in my daycare class. (yes, believe it or not, i taught a daycare class 2 yr olds in the morning and 4 and 5 yr olds in the afternoon every mon. weds. and fri. i only had classes on tuesday and thursday. i was really good at it. if i hadn't been dumb i could have been the nanny for the birdwells who offered me room, board and to pay half my tuition for grad school if i worked for them upon graduation. i couodn't do it, i liked to party too much. and the birdwells were another story, their kids were similar to the ad i posted a few days ago. no one wanted them in their class, they responded to me well though. i found jason on facebook as well, he is doing well.) ANYWAY syd followed me everywhere at the day care and i took her everywhere with me outside of daycare. actually syd was only two (like amy birdwell) and was in my class because she cried if I was there and she wasn't with me. anyway shauna and i became fast friends. SHE is the FRIEND OF ALL FRIENDS!!! like for real, for real. we lost touch after I moved to Dallas. (i mean she is like adrienne, terry and bola. my friends from junior high and undergrad!) thanks angel!!!! i mean my gosh! you guys just REALLY don't understand. Me and this WOMAN.. were Ebony and Ivory... like for real.. for real.. i have looked for her on and off for about 6 years. the first thing syd wrote in her e-mail was "my mom said she's been waiting on your call or just knock on her door." when i spoke to her this morning, she said, "you know you're elusive butt can't be found on anything, what took you so damn long?"
me i just laughed and smiled.

3 comments:

Shelle said...

wow...such a great thing finding the good past again. i am learning the lay of the land...SORTA like it more than before lol

nikki said...

facebook, linkedin...got me all giddy cuz i be finding old friends like once a month. glad you were able to re-connect with ya girl.

Raquita said...

girl friend me I'm raquita there friend me up -