E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2008-08-01

NEO, not the GROUPIES/WANNA BE(s) Stand UP!

Last night was, I cannot say how incredibly pleased I am. I was introduced as the Coach of the Neo-Soul Slam team. Now, I cannot accept that title, for many reasons. 1) I haven't worked with them all season, and 2) most importantly, I cannot take credit for what is truly theirs to share with the world.
We know there has been the occasional naysayer that believes, as they did in 2006.. The team ain't blank without _____ and they really need _____ to do any good, or (s)he's gonna have to carry them. NUCK DAT! Ain't nobody carrying any one. THEY ARE ALL 1 SLOTS. THEY CAN ALL BE CALLED IN A PINCH. I think they showed everyone that! And I truly believe in each and everyone one of them. And happy that each received the acceptance, recognition and appreciation for their body of work. Last night each and everyone of them STOOD ON THEIR OWN.
Humbly and honestly, I cannot take credit for that. None of it. I wish I could. I want to thank them as well for this..
you made my night fantastic, you renewed my faith in words, you truly MOVED me.
let's show madison who we are and what we're made of!!!!

1 comment:

Shelle said...

you can take credit...never would of done what i did without the words you spoke...that you all have spoken to me...whole new ballgame...huge hugs!! and glad we made you proud coach!!