E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2008-07-27

dog gone tired and grateful


It's been a while since I've actually written a grateful list. I have been grateful for so many things lately, despite and in spite.



  • G.O.D. - your grace, wisdom and ever growing presence in my daily, not just spiritual life. Yes, i am tragically, human, yet you are keenly aware and show me forgiveness daily.

  • memories - every moment in our lives is an opportunity to create memories, i thank G.O.D for memories (all of them).

  • DC - yup I'm thankful. learned so much about youth programming. made wonderful connections. and had a lot of fun with two of them - subways, u street, shopping for tennis shoes/jewelry, their performance on the street for the AKA's, eating Ben's famous chili on Friday, listening to them, learning, meeting his friends from home, her vulnerability, his Lupe'ness. meeting sonia sanchez and manual algarin, them signing my book bag, jumping off a bus and seeing marc marcel's beautiful grin, talking and joking with stan lathan, hanging out with swollen ankles, so many more beautiful memories...

  • Chillaxing in Madison - yup, looking forward to hanging out with friends, chilling to poetry, and music on the LAKE!! I SEE YOU DK! and because i believe, they believe and i want them to make others' believers.

  • my family - a week with my niece and ELM's niece. was fun, funner, and funnier. they made me believe in children and youth again. my sis just goofy. my nephew, the future.

  • SAYOM/Funky Mike - bigger and better. thanks for being a patient partner.

  • my family that came to me through friendship - especially, the big five. angel.eb.b.chelle.mzj (thank you for getting to know or always knowing my heart.) it means a lot and it doesn't go unnoticed.

  • my home - thanks for always being some one i can crawl, cry, hide, scream, and love. (HARD AND DESPERATE) it will never be the four walls or the things we accumulate together. it will always be the brown of your eyes and your smile that shelter and comfort me most!

  • my new lap top. thanks for looking out, both of you. i don;t know anything about vista, but i love everything else.

  • conversations - i've listened, read, heard and listened again. gotcha.

  • letting go - i cannot change to accommodate anyone, nor do i expect anyone to change to accommodate me. i've been practicing letting go and letting g.o.d. baby steps.

  • my new mantra: i respect your do, respect my done. t-shirt coming soon.

  • knowing grudges and anger are much to heavy to carry. i want to walk with my head tall, and the only way to do it is to drop burdens that are not mine to carry.

  • COPA/MO see you next week.

  • an unexpected call from a tree! damn girl i've missed you.

2 comments:

Shelle said...

much love sis...we all must be patient with ourselves...and yes i am on the campaign indeed lol

Ebony Stewart said...

Good list and much to be grateful for. I see you poet!
Hearts curve!
And ummm I got you on the Campaign Puppy (again toooo cute).