E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2008-01-15

a poem for whoever needs it.

she holds light in hands,
speaks the secret language of raindrops
and smiles a million thunderstorms
to wash my blues away…
sunshine springs from hugs
hidden behind clouds
drenched in sorrow,
to water the flowers
that grow in the blink
of her eyes.
I tenderly pick
each and every one.
as if they were a small
piece of her mind
and for a moment,
I invincibly contain
her thoughts.
make her wishes come true.
until the petals fall
like light of day
at the edge of night.
predictable.
inevitable.
in my dreams,
she rises in the swell
of twilight.
creating rainbows in
syllables and prose.
coloring me
with every word she speaks.
I know no hues of sadness.
her whispers,
silence
echoes that question
the core of my being
I am stilled.
she moves like
midtown taxi
erratically racing
atop paved emotions
oft stalling at red lights.
held slight upright
by cracked asphalt
and concrete tombs
disguised as my world.
a world
which has fallen upon
the quiet noise,
a quickened sound
of flash
‘tween red and green.
stuck somewhere cautiously
on the yellow of her light
and the speed of my mental
braces..
pauses.
then comes to a
screeching halt.
she holds light in hand.
it moves from
green
to yellow
to red
and i am stilled,
paralyzed,
fixated.

kdtaylor, 2008.
secton 8 publishing
all rights reserved.

3 comments:

Shelle said...

simply beautiful ma...

Mahogany L. Browne said...

ao necessary

Ebony Stewart said...

The way you start it is like a good book waiting to be finished! Awesome!