E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2008-01-01

crashing into the '08 Happy New Year....

December) surviving the crash with a broken nail, a headache, and a backache... Mary's totaled! As Langston said, "she gave her life to save yours." I realize the importance of naming cars, Mary was named after my Mom... so his statement meant so much more..

November) Anthony David and the Mahogany Affair, one hella Thanksgiving and my promotion!!!!

October) Jill Scott and the Baily's Get Together!!!! The return to Neo-Soul... and Neo Soul returning to it's roots!!!! Spit fire Neo!

September) Memories of those we lost.. My Grand, My Mom and Tweet! Thanks to you I learned a valuable lesson in forgiveness..

August) Nationals.. Good, Bad and Indifferent. It was a difficult period, but I got past the BS and did what I had to do... thanks to G.O.D. , an Angel W., and an Angel H.

July) a wedding of a lifetime and a month long Birthday Celebration...

June) my promotion!!!!

May) Slam Champ!!!! The Fellowship of the Wings... You don't know how much you helped me during that time....

April) texas relays!!!!!!! a Francis Tradition that I am happy to be a part of.. The picture we took and the pic-mail I sent you while you were at work.... HA.HAHAHA.

March) every day, every hour, every minute, every second... a learning experience..

February) a trying month, a trying time..

January) my birthday... 13 poets for 13! it was fanf'ingtastic...

thanks to all and for all who endured and indulged me, befriended and frenemied me in 2007... I wouldn't be the person I am today without ya...

Happy New Year.. Keeping It (Appropriately) Moving with Good Orderly Direction...

5 comments:

Ebony Stewart said...

AWESOME RECAP!
I still have that picture too (lol)
Thanks again for the push to be a greater poet and for your greatness on the mike on our day!

Hearts curve.

Shelle said...

let the church say amen...mucho besos
happy new year

Copasetic Soul said...

nice list sis....

sorry to read about the car...glad you are ok...i was looking forward to driving it when i returned.

joey said...

nice post sis, love and miss you, so glad you are ok!

yes to you in 2008! HNY!

Ebony Stewart said...

Awww I'm just now seeing the picture of the car!!! You okay boo boo?