E. Zora Knight

My photo
a special order, straight queer and strong black.

2007-11-01

watered prayers

She now knows its possible to see a mirage underwater.
Her tears flooded her heart leaving her full yet thirsty.
When her eyes close she can hear Momma
"Don't need nobody to make you a woman. You'll be strong when you can stand alone."
Alone she whispers.
Momma no longer here to hear the melody in her words never matched the cadence of her heart.
Timing always off.
Tunes didn't align.
Never expected this journey would be cloying.
Abundance of sentience depreciated her meter for precariousness.
Yet she is afraid of not trying.
Past through then passed thru rough terrains in affairs land.
Drowned again.
Valuables forfeited.
Lessons benighted made the voyage wayward.
Ignored the villages along the way.
Guided by hopes of a lunar wonderland.
Stars aren't that shiny.
Resisting the sweetness in her own image yet succumbed to reality.
In love with love.
Failed driving endeavors caused her to fly.
Never solo or so low the only mission.
Navigation's were random,
contingent on current
circumstance or happenstance and costly.
She makes a futile attempt
to use the chest of her soul-mate
to burrow her sorrows.
Baggage from all lifes journey to heavy.
She hears mommas voice.
She opens her eyes she is alone.
Life is still.The moon doesn't shine.
She is frantically seeking security.
Arms stretched she cries out: " Father GOD. Prince of Peace. Wonderful Counselor. I seek only thee to guide me. For I have fumbled this journey by straying from your path. I beg that you encompass my soul broken and faithful.I am your servant.I confess my love for thee and I long to hear you speaking. Oh Father, I Thank you. I come to you on bended knee. I have not had this journey alone. Whether the end be near or far ,Thy will be done.I am ready/willing/able to see. I have failed you and become lost by not loving me. AMEN"

2 comments:

Angel said...

that first line ain't NO joke!!!! damn you and your writing ability!

my coffee is always said...

actually I didn't write this... ELM did. I just posted it for her.